PDA

View Full Version : Weird gig today...

blinddrew
18-08-2018, 05:08 PM
About to start loading up for a gig this arvo, really not sure what to expect. We're playing The Barbican in York, biggest venue hereabouts and largest stage i've been on for a while, but it's to open up a beer festival and we're on at 12:15. Yup, lunchtime.
I reckon there's going to be no-one there but the staff, our bass player reckons it could be quite busy.
Still, the main thing is we've got a photographer friend coming down to take a load of photos of us on a huge stage - so it should look good as long as he doesn't turn around!

Andyxlh
18-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Cool! Are you using you Pitbull?

Simon Barden
18-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Saturday lunchtime beer festival? I'm sure it will be heaving!

My old (12-piece soul) band played at the Woking beer festival several times with around 2000 people there. We had complaints that all the punters were dancing to us and not buying the beer!

DarkMark
18-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Beer festival? I’d be expecting a crowd. Break a keg... I mean leg.

Simon Barden
18-08-2018, 09:10 PM
As the band also got free beer (as well as being paid), we were also accused of drinking rather a lot of it. Well, what did they expect?

blinddrew
18-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Reasonable number in the end, so not a bad outing. Will stick a couple of photos up later.

dave.king1
19-08-2018, 07:07 AM
As the band also got free beer (as well as being paid), we were also accused of drinking rather a lot of it. Well, what did they expect?

It would have been rude to refuse their hospitality :D