PDA

View Full Version : Decals

adam
09-08-2018, 05:36 PM
After many requests, we now have a choice of Decal colours; Black, White, Silver and Gold.

I decided to make the Decal and optional "add-on", free of charge, for each Kit.

Previously, we supplied a Black decal with every kit shipped. I know that not every builder used them, as I think most would want their own "brand" adorning their headstock.

For those who do want the Pit Bull Guitars logo, you can now choose which colour.

Custom Colours or even Custom Designs are also available.

If you've purchased a PBG kit recently and want to use another colour decal (White, Silver or Gold), flick me an email and I will send you one at no charge.

Dedman
09-08-2018, 05:56 PM
great move Adam!

cork sniffer
10-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Custom Colours or even Custom Designs are also available..

"even Custom Designs", does this mean you can work with customers and produce customers personalized designs or only custom variations of the Pit Bull decal?

adam
11-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Hi cork sniffer, I meant we can do PBG logos in Blue, Pink, Aubergine, etc. Plus, if someone has their own design and can't arrange their own decal, they could, in theory, send us the design in PDF and we could arrange a printed sheet of them, I think there's about 24 - 36 on a sheet, depending on the size, in pretty much any colour, including white.

We could offer this service at cost, which I'm guessing would be AU$10-20 per sheet, including shipping in Aus. This is a guess, I'd need to see what this decal supplier charges for a single sheet of one design.

If it's a black design, we can do that in house, however, for another colour we would need to order it in, so there might be a wait (4-6 weeks).

Simon Barden
11-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Maybe someone could come up with a selection of different PBG logos based around a common theme? And maybe have some different sized logos on each sheet, (with the extras probably smaller than standard) as the current standard size isn't that suitable for all headstock shapes/sizes?

Melkor
20-08-2018, 08:42 AM
I got some decals made to order by Bedlam Creations in the US. Took a while to come back(about 2weeks or so) but not bad quality. If Adam is looking at providing this service that would be a bonus. If there is a reliable Aussie supplier available this service would only grow.

Sonic Mountain
20-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Maybe someone could come up with a selection of different PBG logos based around a common theme? And maybe have some different sized logos on each sheet, (with the extras probably smaller than standard) as the current standard size isn't that suitable for all headstock shapes/sizes?

Probably not a great idea to do different versions of the logo as it weakens the branding. Up to Adam of course.

I have been considering starting a graphics help thread for helping out with artwork for head stock logos etc. I've done a couple for different members already and usually its fun and quick for me to do. I'm happy to help out if people want to PM me about it - I don't charge or anything. Turn around will just depend on how busy I am with 'real' work :)

If Adam can source the printing, I'm happy to provide PDF files of custom artwork.

adam
23-08-2018, 09:21 AM
We do actually use two logos; the script logo (current decal) and the "Dog head" logo, which is round and would suit 3+3 headstocks.

We could offer both of these, but then the product descriptions get messy with so many options.

Sonic, if you're up for a collaboration (vectorising customer's logos), then thank you, I think we should run with this. I'll have think about a Decal page on the site; with prices for sheets of a single logo, including instructions, specs and an upload link.

Probably not a great idea to do different versions of the logo as it weakens the branding. Up to Adam of course.

I have been considering starting a graphics help thread for helping out with artwork for head stock logos etc. I've done a couple for different members already and usually its fun and quick for me to do. I'm happy to help out if people want to PM me about it - I don't charge or anything. Turn around will just depend on how busy I am with 'real' work :)

If Adam can source the printing, I'm happy to provide PDF files of custom artwork.

Sonic Mountain
23-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Yep more than happy to help out with the file creation.

Happy to take PM's at the moment - but if you go ahead with a page on the site I might start a thread for graphics help to keep it all in the same place.

Simon Barden
23-08-2018, 04:08 PM
There's nothing to stop you having a decal sheet with several sizes (or at least two) of Pitbull text and dog-head logos. Then all that's needed is the colour option, and also a no-decal option for those that will be doing their own. So each sheet may cost slightly more than before to produce, but you don't send so many out to offset that.