PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Products

adam
26-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Anyone have any experience, comments on products from Emerson?

Emerson Pro CTS pots, US Mil spec PIO capacitors, Lever Switches, Jacks, Wire,Hardware, Toggle switches, prewiredkits, etc.

Their stuff looks good and they have contacted us for a wholesale deal.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Marcel
26-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Have heard of the brand and used a few of the parts... Pretty good by all reports.

If their offer fits your plans then it might be worthwhile giving them a run... Lets you offer more upgrade alternatives...

Sonic Mountain
26-07-2018, 09:05 AM
The pre-wired stuff looks interesting. No experience with them personally, but looking at their site I might test run some items next build.

FrankenWashie
26-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Nice looking gear, I'd be happy to fit some of that up.

WeirdBits
26-07-2018, 11:43 AM
I’ve used Emerson PIO caps a few times and really like them. To my amateur ear, they have a smoother creamier sound and seem a little easier to dial in to the tone you want than with Orange Drops.

On one build I did a tone cap comparison (using headphones) between a Green Cap, Gum Drop, Orange Drop, Vitamin Q PIO and Emerson PIO, all the same value, and the Emerson easily sounded the best in that particular case. YMMV.

Guvna19
26-07-2018, 11:48 AM
I'll be needing electronics for my Strat very soon, would be happy to buy some and test run / provide feedback. I like the look of those Strat saddles too.

cheers
Guvna

adam
30-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the comments, I will look at getting a small sample order in.

Simon Barden
30-07-2018, 07:41 PM
It looks like the pots are made by CTS to Emerson's own custom spec. Switches are Switchcraft or Oak Grigsby, so all decent stuff.

Old Tooth Hopkins
30-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Adam, Is Emerson also offering their pedal range (e.g. their EM Drive?) ? They're boutique but I've seen quite a few people have them and they float around the second hand market a bit

adam
31-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Adam, Is Emerson also offering their pedal range (e.g. their EM Drive?) ? They're boutique but I've seen quite a few people have them and they float around the second hand market a bit

Yes, we have access to their pedals, but they are pricey, given the poor AUD/USD Exchange Rate atm. The EM drive would need to be AU$235 for us to make a modest margin.

DrNomis_44
31-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Those Emerson PIO caps are supposed to be pretty good, I guess if they are used by the US military, they would have to be good, I think I've seen them being used in audiophile gear somewhere.