PDA

View Full Version : Out of production guitars

Andy123
16-06-2018, 09:32 PM
I saw this article about 7 guitars in need of a re-issue, and some of them looked like they might go alright as kit guitars:
https://reverb.com/news/7-more-guitars-in-need-of-a-reissue

Amongst them:

Peavey T-60
Fender Lead
Epiphone Coronet
Yamaha SG-2C/3C
PRS McCarty Archtop

blinddrew
17-06-2018, 12:13 AM
If that PRS hollow body became available as a kit I might start having regrets about my current project...

Airwick
17-06-2018, 09:24 AM
I'd want to see one of those Nick Valensi riviera guitars I think they would be a nice kit guitar very distinct

cork sniffer
17-06-2018, 11:33 AM
I saw this article about 7 guitars in need of a re-issue, and some of them looked like they might go alright as kit guitars:
https://reverb.com/news/7-more-guitars-in-need-of-a-reissue

Amongst them:

Peavey T-60
Fender Lead
Epiphone Coronet
Yamaha SG-2C/3C
PRS McCarty Archtop

Did somebody say "PEAVEY T-60"!!!
Yeah, now we're talking. I had a friend in the States find mine and send over. This guitar has every tone built in and is so robust Keith R would prefer it to his Tele for bashing stage invaders.

Fretworn
18-06-2018, 07:24 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e3/Johnny_Copeland.jpg/250px-Johnny_Copeland.jpg

"Now you're talking!"

geddyfan
14-09-2018, 02:02 AM
The whole t-series :)

My first bass was a black T-45. Got broke in college, lost it to the pawn shop. Years later bought a sweet/almost perfect transparent red/burgundy T-45. Got broke again...sold it. Totally regret it...would buy another, but now they're rare and can't be had for less than $500, and the few that come up always seem to have issues.

For everyone who bitches about the weight (wussies), a kit t-series would be awesome for mods like cambering the body, etc. Big issue would be matching hardware, since you really can't. They were monstrous blocks of proprietary Peavey metal (especially the bass bridge), so you'd have to find stuff in the used market. Still...being able to create your own T-60 (or T-series bass) to your own specs would be really cool.

tattoosfromhal
21-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Having sunk my teeth into my “T caster” ( T-60 neck, bridge, pickup) I’m definitely getting behind the T-60 as a kit.
It’s designed to be “standard” sizing, so all the parts are more or less interchangeable with fender stuff, minus the branding. Tele necks are a straight fit, the scale is the same, not having the branding on the hardware sucks for sure, but seeing how expensive these are now and how heavy their body is (and light it could be), also the T-40 bass is exactly the same body just bigger pickup cavities. Your killing 2 birds with one stone!

fender3x
17-11-2018, 09:31 PM
This is a great article, even though it leaves out my favorite little loved Epiphones...the batwings!The Crestwood, Newport and Wilshire. My first bass was a Newport. Short scale, mudbucker in the neck. Gibson translucent cherry color. Not sure I loved the sound, but it played great and I have always loved those batwing headstocks.29065

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk