PDA

View Full Version : Tele Strat hybrid sound demo "The Teleblaster"

Andyxlh
27-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Hello folks,
Not sure this does a whole lot more than proves it makes noise, the mic on this iPad isn't very kind to the tone. Anyhow, at least a comparison can be made between the stock Tele sound and the extra Strat pickup.
I really like this mod, much more than a stock strat 5 way as you can have all 3 running at once and the strat pickup is quite bassy compared with the Tele twang, giving a nice change. I didn't fiddle with Tele the tone control or alter the strat volume outside the fully on/off settings, but there's some more investigation to be done... I only got it running correctly last night!
https://youtu.be/mOYkqmA6mxc

FrankenWashie
27-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Nice work Andy!

wazkelly
27-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Lots of nice sounding combinations there Andy.

robin
28-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Very nice Andy. Nice range of sounds.

Bit off topic, but how do you like the HT5?

rob

Fretworn
28-05-2018, 07:20 AM
Sounds great. Love that guitar.

Andyxlh
28-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Thanks folks for the kind words, I'm not sure the quality of the sound is very helpful through the iPad mic.
Robin, I really like the HT5 a lot, I have two by accident really, the HT5 mk1 with the 10" speaker and the mk2 with the 12" and reverb.
They sound good I think because you can wind them out without deafening anyone. I find they are ok to play in a rehearsal with, I do have the extension cab to make the mini stack which helps.
The gain is very sensitive, anyway past halfway and you are in super high gain territory, not really my thing, but there's plenty of good crunch on the lower end.
I wind the treble off a fair bit on both amps as they are biased that way to my ears.
I must admit if I didn't have these I'd have popped for the Pitbull 5w amp for sure.
If you know anyone who wants to buy a mk1 HT5, I'll let it go for a song 😂

Simon Barden
28-05-2018, 04:35 PM
It's a shame I can't sing.

Simon Barden
28-05-2018, 04:38 PM
I too have a HT5 and a HT5R, though my 10" HT5 sounds better than the 12" R. It's just too much of an effort to get Blackstar to look at the R, as it should sound better. I

Andyxlh
28-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I must admit, apart from the tone channel on the clean and the reverb, mine sound very similar. Perhaps more bass response on the r. This was recorded on the r.

Simon Barden
28-05-2018, 05:23 PM
My drive channel on the R is a bit thin and brittle sounding (I've swapped the tubes around with the 10" and it made no difference). It's a fault with that particular amp. It's not unuseable, just not as nice. But I've got four other amps to use, as well as the 10" HT5, so it doesn't really matter.

Andyxlh
28-05-2018, 07:15 PM
I tend to wind off the treble on both of them a fair bit, about 1/3 on, which I guess is me agreeing with you there!

CascadiaGuitarGeek
29-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Your guitar is sounding great Andy! I like the tonal variety with the middle pickup mod.

Fretworn
29-05-2018, 11:46 AM
It's a shame I can't sing.

Everyone can sing Simon. Not everyone should sing publicly, but everyone can sing.

dave.king1
29-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Everyone can sing Simon. Not everyone should sing publicly, but everyone can sing.

I think there is an act of parliament banning me from singing in public.

True story, about 40 years my youngest brother who has a voice like geese fart in a fog was busking outside a coffee shop in Parramatta and the owner came out and gave him $20 to go elsewhere because he was driving the customers away :D

andrewdosborne
29-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Nice Tele/Strat! Great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wazkelly
29-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Nice Tele/Strat! Great job

Hi Ponch, good to see you are still lurking around.

Cheers, Waz

andrewdosborne
30-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Hi Ponch, good to see you are still lurking around.

Cheers, Waz

Hey Waz still lurking! I’ve been modding the motorcycle and laying down a few thousand Ks on it now back to the guitar building shenanigans!

wazkelly
30-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Hey Waz still lurking! I’ve been modding the motorcycle and laying down a few thousand Ks on it now back to the guitar building shenanigans!

Welcome back Ponch, we missed you.