PDA

View Full Version : Touch guitar; yes, please to a Bass VI

Knunney
20-04-2018, 11:59 AM
I have only just joined the forum - my first kit arrives in August - so, it might be a little premature for me to start suggesting kits but would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.

Also, I'd add my voice to a Bass VI. One of my regrets is not picking up an Ibanez SRC6 - their more modern take on the VI. (More generally, is it possible to customise any of the available kits to a baritone?)

Fretworn
21-04-2018, 04:00 PM
I have only just joined the forum - my first kit arrives in August - so, it might be a little premature for me to start suggesting kits but would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.

Also, I'd add my voice to a Bass VI. One of my regrets is not picking up an Ibanez SRC6 - their more modern take on the VI. (More generally, is it possible to customise any of the available kits to a baritone?)

The baritone questions has been asked many times over the last 4 years. The factory doesn't have the jigs for this, and have some difficulty with translating the requirements for one.

There has been one successful conversion of a HB bass kit into a baritone guitar, and there have been some attempts using custom, scratch built necks.

Knunney
23-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Thank you, Fretworn. Well, the mooted Bass VI kit will give me enough to pine over. I know some people string their Bass VIs to baritone tuning so perhaps the kit can be seen in that way as well.

PJSprog
04-01-2019, 03:39 AM
... would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.

I'd be all over a Chapman Stick or Mobius Megatar type of kit. I know there probably wouldn't be a big demand for such a beast, but I'd definitely buy one.

More double neck varieties would get my attention as well.