PDA

View Full Version : JM-1 bridge resting position

matt6288joyce
15-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I’m having some problems with the JM-1 two point tremolo- I’ve installed the bushings and tremolo claw but as soon as I put the springs on the back the bridge pulls up loads and I can’t get it to sit closer to the body (I’ve experimented with the bushing poles being as low as possible and everywhere in between)

It’s almost like the bridge isn’t being held down by the bushing poles because the bridge cuts aren’t deep enough?

Any advice would be appreciated because it’s brought my build to a stop!

Fretworn
15-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Hi Matt,

Some photos would really help us know what's going on. Include a photo of the back of the guitar so we can see the set up of the springs and claw as well.

Joe3334
15-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a simple matter of adjusting the tremolo claw so that the string tension and spring tension are equal, unless I'm misinterpreting what you are saying.

Simon Barden
15-04-2018, 06:07 PM
I'd block off the trem with some offcuts of wood so the blocks vertical, string it up and get the strings up to tune. Remove the block and then adjust the claw screws until the trem stays flat. I'd start with 3 springs on, and the claw screws out a lot,so the trem is still pulled forwards, then tighten the claw screws until the trem base is flat to the body.