PDA

View Full Version : Pete Townshend LP Deluxe

Rossc0
23-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Afternoon all, would any of you electronics gurus out there be able to figure out a schematic for the following. Thinking about it for a down the road sometime project, but be stuffed if I can find any details other than this.

Cheers

Joe3334
23-01-2018, 10:42 AM
This is all I could find.

WeirdBits
23-01-2018, 11:37 AM
The above is the only diagram I've seen for it, but it's all there. Working out what it is actually doing is the tough part.

The 'coil tap' toggle is just connecting the middle pup's series link to ground. The 'phase' switch is trickier with its multiple poles, but from what I can see one position has the middle pup by itself volume->master tone->out, the other two switch it in/out phase and then link it post-volume with the out from the pickup selector for the bridge & neck then master tone->out. Which matches the described functionality.

The question is do you want want it to look identical with Pete's and therefore need matching switches, or just have the same functionality but with cosmetic differences?

Rossc0
23-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Oh its a while off yet, so not sure, but probably as close to matching as possible. Was thinking about saving the pennies and getting a genuine Gibson Deluxe, body and neck from stratosphere. If I do then much saving and squireling away of $'s will need to occur.

I had seen that diagram, but to be honest it still left me slightly confused.

Simon Barden
23-01-2018, 07:44 PM
This web site shows a copy of No.5 being made and the extra holes required for the extra switches.

http://www.ntlguitar.com/pete-townshend-les-paul-5.html

Rossc0
24-01-2018, 01:52 AM
As always Simon, font of knowledge, cheers