PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull Guitars Warehouse Burglary 17/01/18

Simon Barden
17-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Just learned from Adam via an email that the PBG warehouse was broken into and a large quantity of stock has been taken.

Adam and team now have to do a full stocktake to find out just what was taken and what they've got left.

Once this is done they can update the individual kit 'in stock' status.

In the meantime, please note that items shown as 'in stock' may now be unavailable until the next delivery of kits (or the police manage to catch the thieves and recover the stolen kits).

I'm sure you'll want to give Adam your full support at this difficult time.

Adam Barnes
17-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Hope the ***** get caught.

DrNomis_44
17-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Geez, what is this world coming to, I've had stuff stolen from me in the past so I know what it's like, Adam and all the Pitbull Guitars staff have my full support, most Australian businesses are doing it pretty tough nowadays, and to have some low-life break in and commit an act of burgulary is pretty bad, if the authorities don't catch the one, or ones responsible, I just hope karma catches up with them in the end.

This afternoon I had someone on Facebook try to scam me out of $750.00, fortunately they didn't get my bank details, check out my thread about it in the naughty room section.

chrissyinbkk
17-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Bad news indeed, there must be one word somewhere to describe people that can do this .... being a family forum I'll keep my guess of the word to myself...

Dedman
17-01-2018, 07:28 PM
DIRTBAGS! :mad:

FETCH!

wokkaboy
17-01-2018, 07:33 PM
I read this on Facebook Ads posted on the FB Perth Guitarist page to keep an eye out for any of the missing items for sale.
It happened 2 nights in a row so the thieves were greedy. Apparently one guy has been caught and some stock recovered. Hopefully that leads to information on the other thieves. You should be able to find the thread from Ad's on there. Most of the stuff stolen was finished guitars, a heap of the new 5 watt amps and expensive hardware. It happened Sunday and Monday night I think late hours.

FYI I have been quiet on the forum because at work we now have internet site tracking software so if it's not work related can get in trouble. I used to spend about 90% of my forum time at work so not happy Jan !

Joe3334
17-01-2018, 07:34 PM
One word for them: ***holes.

I'd keep an eye out on eBay for a large number of kits being put up for sale by a seller that isn't pitbullguitars or a seller with 0 feedback score. Very good chance it's the crooks trying to dump their loot.

Brendan
17-01-2018, 07:43 PM
From the FB post I think its mainly amps that are missing now - that and a couple of pre built Pitbull branded guitars - should stick out like sore thumbs.

Swanny
17-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Did they get the forensic guys in, for fingerprints/dna etc?

Volgar
17-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Ow s**t :/

Sonic Mountain
18-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Arrrgh. This sucks :(

dave.king1
18-01-2018, 08:50 AM
One word for them: ***holes.

My favorite term for people I really don't like is " c0cksocket " quite apt and you can almost get away with it in polite company :D

DrNomis_44
18-01-2018, 09:58 AM
There's lots of really nasty words that I would use to describe the individuals responsible for the break-in and theft of all the stuff, but, since this whole website is family oriented, I'm going to have to impose some rather strict censorship measures on myself.....for obvious reasons, even using really nasty words to describe them is being too polite and generous.

What they did was a vile, selfish act against an Australian business that's probably battling away like most other Aussie businesses, just to make ends meet.

To be honest, calling the offenders any nasty names or words, etc, is really just giving them more time, energy, effort, and mental thought/consideration than they really deserve from us, by that, I mean that they aren't worthy.

Grubsta
18-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Just read this now that's messed up.
Hopefully whats missing can be recovered.

JB RETRO
18-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Gonna be a little hard to unload them with all our keen eyes scanning the country. I'll be watching for em

wazkelly
18-01-2018, 07:41 PM
FYI I have been quiet on the forum because at work we now have internet site tracking software so if it's not work related can get in trouble. I used to spend about 90% of my forum time at work so not happy Jan !

I used to hot spot from my mobile to a work iPad so that forum surfing was kept under the radar. These days I have a better mobile but not enough spare time whilst at work.

Good to hear some of the gear was recovered.

JohnH
22-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Only just saw this. Damn, that sucks. Hope they recover the stock, and that the culprits are quickly caught and punished

nitroburner1000
31-03-2018, 01:28 PM
I read this on Facebook Ads posted on the FB Perth Guitarist page to keep an eye out for any of the missing items for sale.
It happened 2 nights in a row so the thieves were greedy. Apparently one guy has been caught and some stock recovered. Hopefully that leads to information on the other thieves. You should be able to find the thread from Ad's on there. Most of the stuff stolen was finished guitars, a heap of the new 5 watt amps and expensive hardware. It happened Sunday and Monday night I think late hours.

Ahh wondered where youde got to, missing all your comments on the forum mate.

nitroburner1000
31-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Just saw this, my condolences to the team and hope these scumbags get what they deserve.

cork sniffer
31-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Only just saw this. Damn, that sucks. Hope they recover the stock, and that the culprits are quickly caught and punished

Also late hearing this bad news BUT ... JohnH you are so funny haaa haaa you said "caught and punished" when you meant to say "caught and given ANOTHER stern warning".

Melkor
10-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Scumbags. A bit of summary justice wouldn't go astray. Parasites need extermination.

DrNomis_44
13-05-2018, 02:04 PM
@ Adam I was just wondering if those Pitbull Guitars amplifiers are back in stock?, I don't see any on the PBG website.

adam
13-05-2018, 05:36 PM
@ Adam I was just wondering if those Pitbull Guitars amplifiers are back in stock?, I don't see any on the PBG website.

Hi Doc, they left us 6, but I've kept all of these to sell to friends (yes, I include you in this esteemed company, as I do with all of the long-time regulars here) and to use in Anniversary giveaways down the track.

At AU$385, they were never going to sell, despite the fact that they are hand-wired, genuine Valve amps that sound amazing and, miked up, they would be an ideal small gigging amp. I'm using mine at every rehearsal and plan to gig with it... as long as we can mic it up.

I have been selling them at $280 to friends in Perth, so, if you want one, $280 + $20 freight ($300), because you made a bad life choice by not living in the greatest City in Australia, it's all yours. Say the word and I can send you a PayPal invoice.

I will even let you try it for a few weeks and, if you do not agree it's the best 5W amp you've tried, I will take it back for a full refund. Offer stands for any other Aussie Forum Members... Sorry, we can't ship these Internationally.

WeirdBits
13-05-2018, 06:50 PM
hehe a bad life choice... made my night.

DrNomis_44
13-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Hi Doc, they left us 6, but I've kept all of these to sell to friends (yes, I include you in this esteemed company, as I do with all of the long-time regulars here) and to use in Anniversary giveaways down the track.

At AU$385, they were never going to sell, despite the fact that they are hand-wired, genuine Valve amps that sound amazing and, miked up, they would be an ideal small gigging amp. I'm using mine at every rehearsal and plan to gig with it... as long as we can mic it up.

I have been selling them at $280 to friends in Perth, so, if you want one, $280 + $20 freight ($300), because you made a bad life choice by not living in the greatest City in Australia, it's all yours. Say the word and I can send you a PayPal invoice.

I will even let you try it for a few weeks and, if you do not agree it's the best 5W amp you've tried, I will take it back for a full refund. Offer stands for any other Aussie Forum Members... Sorry, we can't ship these Internationally.

Cheers mate, I'll see if I can include that in next fortnight's budget then, living in Darwin has both pluses and minuses and yeah I was living in a pretty terrible neighborhood last year, my new neighborhood seems to be a lot better, well at least no one has ended up losing their life anyway, I have been feeling heaps better ever since I did the move to the new flat though so that's definitely a plus, even managed to get myself back at uni too.

Oh yeah, was wondering how Dingobass is doing since we haven't seen or heard much from him lately, hope he's doing alright.

king casey
14-05-2018, 10:01 AM
because you made a bad life choice by not living in the greatest City in Australia

Oh dear...queue the tune (Couldn't get 'I Want to go back to WA') :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQWoRkFBRU

After doing most of my growing up in 'ol W.A. I'm yet to get Rolf's sentimentality.

cheers, Mark.

adam
14-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah, was wondering how Dingobass is doing since we haven't seen or heard much from him lately, hope he's doing alright.

DB is doing ok, but has other priorities these days. His last job was a retail shop fit out, which looked pretty amazing. He's also very busy fostering rescued Birds (the feathered kind).

He still makes Dingotone and Bone Nuts, when he can, so his business, Dingo Custom Luthiers, is still going strong... just the guitar making and repairing has taken a back seat for the time being.

I guess at some stage we need to look at renaming "DB's Corner"... perhaps it will e "Connor's Corner". He's our new "young gun" team member. He still works with Strummers, here in Perth, and they have a great rep for repairs and set ups. Connor will be doing our neck setups from now on.

dave.king1
14-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Oh dear...queue the tune (Couldn't get 'I Want to go back to WA') :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQWoRkFBRU

After doing most of my growing up in 'ol W.A. I'm yet to get Rolf's sentimentality.

cheers, Mark.

Drop the "s" off https and it will embed on most forums ( except for me here and now :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQWoRkFBRU

Mr.Drifter
14-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Tbh I did look into the amps you guys had, but after my ht1 didn't like my 7 strings and low tunings, I kinda figured it may not suit. That and probably wouldn't suit the sound I was after.
Hardest part was not being able to test one or hear one. Think I went looking for tones, but couldn't find many. Did you or somebody else do any videos of the sounds you can get?

adam
14-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Tbh I did look into the amps you guys had, but after my ht1 didn't like my 7 strings and low tunings, I kinda figured it may not suit. That and probably wouldn't suit the sound I was after.
Hardest part was not being able to test one or hear one. Think I went looking for tones, but couldn't find many. Did you or somebody else do any videos of the sounds you can get?

Yes, I did a video of Connor playing one of our finished guitars through the amp. I never got it finished though. Will see if I can upload a short snippet or two.