PDA

View Full Version : New Fenders for 2018 ???

Marcel
13-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Just saw this on YouTube...

Plenty of variations & some interesting ideas to say the least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dENlgDsPmeE

Simon Barden
13-01-2018, 09:34 PM
You really need to propose some of them then as ideas for new kits.

Joe3334
13-01-2018, 09:35 PM
The strat with a Tele pickguard and headstock looks nice but the others? the pic speaks for itself...

Brownsworthy
13-01-2018, 10:12 PM
I was hoping there would be a completely new body shape perhaps something new and original not a bunch of guitars put together from the parts bin

FrankenWashie
14-01-2018, 12:57 AM
New Fender 2018 Amehrican Standards perhaps?

Simon Barden
14-01-2018, 01:29 AM
If no-one is going to propose a kit based on one of these, shall I ask to get this thread moved to General Guitar Discusion?

JB RETRO
14-01-2018, 03:24 AM
I was hoping there would be a completely new body shape perhaps something new and original not a bunch of guitars put together from the parts bin

I tend to agree. I actually like a few of them but they are basically "Partscasters" or "Pawnshop" guitars

Dikkybee007
14-01-2018, 07:19 AM
No need for a kit suggestion as you can make most of these with a custom build. There are no fixed rules about what pickups go into what body. I got ripped off again with my idea because of a monetary shortage as I have ordered a strat custom kit that I am going to make a Jaguar Strat hybrid. Love the strat shape and feel but was interested in the switch and pickup layout of the Jaguar. Had the idea early last year but had too many other builds going on and had to wait for my finances to catch up. Ordered a blank strat body and neck that is coming in February/ Marchish and will do all the pockets myself with some slight body adjustments. Wont have all of the switches as I will use some push pull pots to eliminate the 3 lower switches but have found a company that produces Jaguar pickups with the metal side shields. Just comes down to imagination and the skill of the operator.

Marcel
14-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm.... VERY interesting....

So I'm gathering the consensus here is as what I had suspected and that Fender hasn't really come up with anything "New" but just done a re-hash of existing inherited +60 year old designs....

Actually... I don't mind some of the new axe's... and it would 'mix it up' if some were offered as kits.... I suspect if Adam spilt a whole bunch of fender kits on the floor and got the local primary school kids to put all the kits back in their box's he'd probably end up with basically the same thing...lol

JB RETRO
14-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Could be the Mix and Match Caster. m+mc-1. Choose your body, neck, tuners. pick ups etc etc.

Simon Barden
14-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I've seen Telestrats before, it's far from a new concept. Doesn't work for me, but some people will love them.

I doubt that there will be many changes to the mainstream Strat and Tele lines. They had a major upgrade last year, so unless there's been a lot of negative feedback on the changes, then I doubt that there will be any more changes apart from maybe some different finish options.

Dedman
14-01-2018, 07:40 PM
I think for both Fender and Gibson they are in the position of dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. If they do something new people complain that they changed something, if they don't do anything they get accused of being slack. Gibson are coping heaps of flack over their new double cut ( I quite like the semi hollow version) and the new take on the Vee is already being dubbed the Star Trek V. ( Wonder if the big G will issue a cease and desist on the Star Trek franchise :P )
Meanwhile Gretch thinks up some new colours.
If I were in the market for a new guitar I think I'd be looking at Duesenburg, Reverend and similar

Mr.Drifter
15-01-2018, 06:47 AM
The lespaulcaster is pretty cool imo

Andy40
15-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Ewww. Reminds me of the failed hybrid Alien Resurrection Experiments...

Bass Guy
16-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Congrats, Andy- you succeeded in making me spray coffee across the room from my nose!

Andy40
16-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Congrats, Andy- you succeeded in making me spray coffee across the room from my nose!

my work here is done:p

WeirdBits
16-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm sure Johner would have a quote for the situation...