PDA

View Full Version : ES wiring

Ozo
13-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Hi. Anyone out there can tell me about the wiring diagram I downloaded from Pitbull which says to run a ground wire from bridge volume pot to the bridge. Seems a bit hard/impossible as the bridge is external. Any help will be appreciated. Cheers

Rossc0
13-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Ozo, should be a hole from the bridge post hole into the cavity. have some stripped wire pushed in there when you are installing the bridge post.

WeirdBits
13-01-2018, 09:34 AM
For kits with fixed bridges there is typically a small hole drilled in the treble side bridge post hole that allows you to run a ground wire to the control cavity. Hollow bodies and some semi's are different.

With floating bridges the ground wire is usually run out through the tail block to make contact under the trapeze or trem tailpiece/plate. This normally means marking where the tailplate will sit and then drilling a small hole through the tail block for the ground wire (the blocks aren't very thick). You just have to make sure you allow for the strap button screw and that the hole and wire will be completely covered by the tailpiece.

Make sense?

Ozo
15-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Thanks guys.

Ozo
15-01-2018, 05:06 AM
Now that I've already installed the bridge posts how do I get the bastard out? Shit!lol!

FrankenWashie
15-01-2018, 05:16 AM
Now that I've already installed the bridge posts how do I get the bastard out? Shit!lol!

Very, very carefully.

In all seriousness, if you can make up a spacer with a padded underside that goes over the anchor. You get a Bolt with the same thread and a large flat washer that goes over your spacer, then use the Bolt to ‘wind’ out the anchor.

You’d need to be VERY careful on a hollow body, typically with the anchors you don’t want to try and remove them once they’re in as you will slightly loosen the fit. This can cause movement and instability issues later on.

Sonic Mountain
15-01-2018, 05:18 AM
Thats what I would try, similar to a balancer or gear puller in the automotive world.

Ozo
15-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Very, very carefully.

In all seriousness, if you can make up a spacer with a padded underside that goes over the anchor. You get a Bolt with the same thread and a large flat washer that goes over your spacer, then use the Bolt to ‘wind’ out the anchor.

You’d need to be VERY careful on a hollow body, typically with the anchors you don’t want to try and remove them once they’re in as you will slightly loosen the fit. This can cause movement and instability issues later on.

Ok thanks got it done. Cut a smaller bolt to correct size and dropped it in the hole. Same thread , longer bolt and screwed it into the hole until it bottomed out on the smaller bolt and kept screwing and it pulled the anchor out.....Thanks for your help guys. Cheers