PDA

View Full Version : Newest kits button

Mr.Drifter
26-12-2017, 10:35 PM
So, forgive me if it's already a thing, and I'm completely blind but if not;

I feel like a button to show all the recent additions would be pretty cool, and possibly the ones that recently came in stock or something. That way when you've got guitars added onto the store that haven't been put into any category (aside from forum only deal ones of course), you can search newest, and see anything new that's been added, which is always cool to see.
That and seeing ones that got updated to have stock in/ all in stock items or something with the ability to sort by how recently they were brought into stock could be cool as well. Either gives you an option to see new kits, or fairly popular ones that have come back kinda dealio

adam
31-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Hi Mr Drifter,

Apologies for the slow response to this, I was thinking about it over the break.

We have these options and many others on our ideas database, for when we redesign the site, with a new Theme. One of the many improvements we know we need to make.

For the time being, I've added two rows of "New Kits" on the Home Page, as I think everyone wants to know what's new. We don't normally get more than three or four new kits every shipment, so this should do for now (I know it's not what you wanted)

I'm not sure about seeing kits recently added back to stock, I'm pretty sure that would have to be done manually. If you see another site that has this option, flick me a link and I'll check it out. Same with any other cool ideas you see on other sites.

We do hope to have an option of "notify me when in stock", which I guess will be like a Wish List function.

Thanks for your feedback... keep it coming.

chrissyinbkk
31-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Just had a look and that is a good idea adding the "new" kits to the home page... I like it

adam
31-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I regret not doing this sooner...

I've also added a New Kits page, which you will see if you mouse-over the DIY Kits Menu link on the home page.

churchie
31-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Nice suggestion, and nice addition Adam. Another example of why PitBull is so great. A real cmmunity where people on both sides can interact.

Mr.Drifter
01-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Ayy, that's awesome. Thanks heaps :D

Mr.Drifter
05-01-2018, 02:14 AM
Actually, on the subject of this;
This is probably something that would be a major pain to implement, but perhaps a sorting option?
So like, you can search all the kits on the site for certain things. Such as humbuckers, set neck, floyd, etc.
Was just thinking then it'd be handy to be able to search for bolt on necks, to make it easier. Purely me being too lazy to scour through, but would be a handy feature for a few things/ bringing all the items you want right under your nose