PDA

View Full Version : Best Holiday Wishes from the Pit Bull Guitars Team

adam
23-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Hey friends,

The past 4 weeks has been a testing time for the PBG Team, but we did it. We got all the back-orders and all the Christmas orders shipped in time.

How busy were we? We shipped a normal month's worth of orders in 3 days this week. It's a sign that things are busy when the Aus Post Trucks run out of room and yours truly has to load up his own van to deliver the overflow to Aus Post HQ.

My good friend and business partner Phil (Watson) and I finally had a moment yesterday afternoon, after the pre-Christmas mayhem, to catch up for a beer. We reminisced back to 2011, when we thought, "hey wouldn't it be cool to get some guitar kits in from China, make them up, and sell them!!"

We soon realised that this business model was not viable, but... "what about just offering the kits and offering many different models and great customer service".

Fast forward, 5 years later, Pit Bull Guitars is well recognised as a global leader in offering unique DIY Guitar and Bass kits and first class customer service. In that 5 years, we've seen a few Aussie competitors come and go, and many new International kit companies start up. We've also seen a lot of Chinese "Agents" pop up and offer kits at US$34, with free shipping. What!?

Our business plan has not changed.

We will continue to offer our established kits, at sustainable prices, and listen to you about what you want to see in our catalog. As you know, we can't make everything... it depends what CNC plans the factory has, but, with patience and enough demand, we should have most designs covered.

Pit Bull Guitars will also continue to offer exceptional service; prompt replies to emails, replacements for any faulty parts, and support galore; whether through the PBG team or through our incredible Community Forum.

Which brings me to this Community Forum.

I cannot begin to thank you all personally, however, collectively, you have all made this Forum into a global phenomenon. I get so many emails from builders, all around the world, who are so overwhelmed by the support they receive from this Forum.

Thank You!

I wish you all the very best for this Festive season and hope you get to spend time with family, friends, or yourself; to relax, reflect, reboot and prepare for 2018.

If this is a time of year when you struggle, then please know that this Community does not close. Do not be shy about reaching out. Shutting yourself in is not a solution. Speak up in a post, or a private message (to me or another member). Someone, who has been there, will be there.

Love you all!

dave.king1
23-12-2017, 07:06 PM
Thanks Ads and team for all that Pitbull and the community stands for.

Merry Christmas and a safe and happy festive season to you and yours and all the extended PB family

Swanny
23-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Well done Adam, and your helpers... that's a huge amount of work in a month!

+1 for speaking out if you need a hand, guitar or otherwise, this community is full of people willing to help out.

Stay safe over the Christmas period, and if you're working, you're not alone!

Guvna19
23-12-2017, 08:03 PM
- awsome forum :cool:
- order recieved as described :cool:
- all emails answered :cool:
- great customer service & great value :cool:

3 cheers and merry xmas to all forumsters a PBG staff

Gav and Adam

Dedman
23-12-2017, 08:40 PM
I can only echo what everyone said, thanks to the community for the support and advice and to Adam for this forum.
Have a great xmas

Brendan
23-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Yep - Merry Christmas to all and thanks Ads for a great forum!

Marcel
23-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Glad to have contributed.... We are after all a community...

Ditto right back at ya Adam,
Merry Christmas and have a happy new year to all on the forum ...

chrissyinbkk
24-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Pit Bull and the team there have done me well over the past year, did a lot of research before I bought a kit, I am well pleased with the learning process and the help from all on the forum, Best Wishes to you all

FredA
24-12-2017, 03:42 AM
Merry Christmas to you all!
Hopefully the big guy in red will bring some extra time to build guitars next year! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sonic Mountain
24-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Being that busy is a good problem to have! Finding this hobby and community has been one of the best things to come out of this year for me. Big thank you to all the community members and Adam and his team for their advice, opportunities, comments, good humour and commitment to the hobby. Here's to an even bigger 2018. Cheers.

Andy40
24-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Merry Xmas Adam and the team. I received mine and am looking forward to it!!!

Jed51
24-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Merry Christmas Adam, DB and everyone on the Pitbull forum. This is an awesome community! Thanks, Adam, for pulling out all the stops with all the last minute shipping - it was greatly appreciated, even though I had to spoil it all with a return 😫 - I am realistic in my expectations and sometimes sh*# happens. The follow through on the return is further testament to Adam’s commitment in making the PBG experience something special. Thanks Adam - I will be back 😄🎸

vh2580
24-12-2017, 05:08 AM
Merry Christmas Adam and pit bull team, what you have created is fantastic and a phenomenal supportive community behind it.
Merry Christmas to all the forumites and a Happy New building Year
Has been a great year of builds on the forum and has made for enjoyable reading of everyone's projects.

wazkelly
24-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Merry Xmas Adam and all his helpers....almost sounds like Santa and elves at this time of year and no doubt there will be many parcels under many trees around the globe as a result of of all the extra special attention to customer service that you have always displayed.

Congratulations on what you have achieved in just a short 5 years.

Personally, you have been fantastic answering any questions by email and also went above and beyond in hand picking out my last kit ordered being a MMB-4 to ensure it had nice grain to take a natural stain. Awesome customer service and happy to be a part of this great community.

Hope everyone receives something special for Xmas, but most importantly have the time to relax and enjoy the company of their loved ones.

Cheers, Waz

billb
24-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Thank you to all involved with PBG, it's a great community and a very rewarding hobby.
Particularly to Adam, if excellent client service was one of your original founding principles - you've nailed it.

& as others have said, Christmas can be a very difficult time for many. If things are tough - reach out!!

Merry Christmas all.

wokkaboy
24-12-2017, 09:08 AM
merry xmas Ads and all the PBG team. I know how hard you guys have worked and well done for getting all the back orders and xmas orders sent out in time.
You guys deserve a break for sure !
I have been a customer since the early days and watched you grow. When I ordered my first kit (EX-1) there were 7 kits to choose from. Now there must be over 150 !
It's been a pleasure doing business with you Ads and customer service has always been top notch.
Also the forum is such a great community. Everyone gets along so well and helps each other
Merry xmas to all the forum too and a happy new year all !

Rossc0
24-12-2017, 09:13 AM
What he and he and he said. Well done Adam and PBG. Customer service 2nd to none.

Merry Christmas to all on the Forum, and thanks for all the help.

Cheers Ross.

WeirdBits
24-12-2017, 09:36 AM
All of the above and more. Thanks to Adam, the PBG team and this awesome community for another great year of builds, inspiration, assistance and camaraderie. Merry Christmas.

Brendan
24-12-2017, 09:59 AM
even though I had to spoil it all with a return

Jed - don't stress over the returns - it's a rare occurrence and that's the Pitbull difference.

Andyxlh
24-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Thank you Adam and all, I very much enjoy popping onto this forum and looking at the guitar builds and reading everyone's helpful and supportive comments. I'm looking forward to next year and starting my TLA kit which is on its way 😊. Adam, it sounds like you deserve a good sit down over Xmas!
Happy Christmas you you all.

Rabbitz
24-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Merry Christmas One and All.

I would like to expand on something Adam said.

We are a part of a cohort who has significantly higher than average levels of mental illnesses and all of the consequences of that.

So I ask this:

Have you rung a mate this Christmas? Someone you haven't seen for a while who might need a chat? It's not too late, pick up a phone.

In any case, everyone at the Rabbitz Warren wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Fantastic 2018.

Nickosaurus
25-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Merry Christmas all - have an awesome festive season and a happy new year. Looking forward to seeing some more high quality builds in the new year. 👍