PDA

View Full Version : Find piece for a JM-1

Volgar
22-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Hello,
I will nextly buy a JM1AL kit, but I want to upgrade the hardware,
Did someone know where I can buy a good kit or good pieces (I’m lefty)
Thanks.

Fretworn
23-12-2017, 05:38 AM
Welcome Volgar.

What parts of the hardware do you want to upgrade?

Volgar
23-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Welcome Volgar.

What parts of the hardware do you want to upgrade?

In fact, I don't know,
Some friends who buy a kit say me that the woodcraft was good, but that the hardware was not really good.

I would like to have a guitar of excellent quality but especially personalized by me, and at a price that can be affordable.

So if parts are good qualities in the hardware, I will not change them ! ^^
Do you know which pieces are to change?

Sorry if my english is bad sometimes, i'm french ! ^^

Thanks !

FrankenWashie
23-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Hiya Volgar,

My suggestion is run with the Stock parts, until you are 100% sure of what you want to upgrade.

Machine Heads (Tuning keys) are usually the first part to look at, replacing with Grovers or a good quality set of Gotoh or Schaller machine heads.
Similarly, you can upgrade the bridge for another aftermarket version, but you would need to make sure the post locations and sizes match. Again, Schaller, Gotoh or a number of other manufacturers can do versions it really depends on what you want to spend.

Dedman
23-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Welcome Volgar
The Grover tuners Pitbull sells are a good up grade and you get them at a good price from Pitbull.
I've also been very happy with the Tone Rider and Entwistle pick ups from the Pitbull store. Not sure which bridge that model uses but it looks like a strat style. It shouldn't be too hard to find a lefty version from Goto or Wilkinson or if you have the $ from Babicz

FrankenWashie
23-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Welcome Volgar
The Grover tuners Pitbull sells are a good up grade and you get them at a good price from Pitbull.
I've also been very happy with the Tone Rider and Entwistle pick ups from the Pitbull store. Not sure which bridge that model uses but it looks like a strat style. It shouldn't be too hard to find a lefty version from Goto or Wilkinson or if you have the $ from Babicz

Plus 1 on the Entwistle pickups. I have the Entwistle X3 humbuckers in my FrankenWashie rebuild and they go really well.

Volgar
23-12-2017, 09:13 AM
You think Entwistle pickups are good for funk and british rock ? (like arctic monkeys)
Which one of them can I buy on the website ?

Volgar
23-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Do you think I should buy the kit and upgrade it over time?

Volgar
23-12-2017, 10:15 AM
I think I need to take 6L Machine Heads (Grover 406C) but I fear something because of the word "left", will they be adapted to the left-handed model?

Dedman
23-12-2017, 11:02 AM
it's best to send Adam an email to make sure you get the right tuners.
If money is tight. I'd get the tuners with the kit, mainly because different tuners have the fixing screws in different locations and you dont want old holes showing. Pick ups and be switched at any time later.

Brendan
23-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Other thing worth upgrading in the first instance is a the pots and cap/s. Lowish cost and will have a bigger effect on the sound than upgrading the pickups in terms of bang for buck.

Volgar
24-12-2017, 04:23 AM
The problem is pitbull guitars don’t sell any left-handed upgrade pieces,
Did this one can fit in ?(IDK If I can put link, if i can’t, supress it;) ) https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00LUXMP36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.FSpAb1QWEZAB

Volgar
24-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Ok, thank you for informations white are very usefull :D
You speak about this nut model, right ? :) https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0043NP28U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_e7XpAbJP427SM

Andy40
28-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Hi Volgar.

I'm with FW. Some of the best builds I've had I run with the stock parts first, then over the course of a few months i make a list of the things I want to change, then upgrade city.

Some of the builds I've upgraded first, I just didn't appreciate them as much:(