PDA

View Full Version : What our mates can do. Warning: Gruesome Content.

Rabbitz
17-12-2017, 10:51 AM
A small incident at Chateau de Rabbitz:

It looks heaps better but Xmas travel is in danger as I am struggling to walk. Compartment (fascia) has probably been punctured and there is impingement from swelling and infection.

Massive antibiotics and no booze.

I'll not make New Years.... :)

teamjeffo
17-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Are your dogs snakes?

Rest up!!

Rabbitz
17-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Believe it or not they are bites from a cat.

A big cat, but a domestic cat.

teamjeffo
17-12-2017, 12:16 PM
I need to show this to my wife. I will live happily cat free for the rest of my life!!

WeirdBits
17-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Bites, plural? Had you not formed an opinion after the first one?

Rabbitz
17-12-2017, 03:27 PM
If you look closely there are six punctures, so 3 bites - plus a plethora of scratches not shown.

About 4:30 Thursday morning we awoke to an almighty ruckus - one of our cats was battling another cat although they were on different sides of the security door.

I approached them carefully and stood about 3 feet away from our cat, not wanting to get too close while he was in battle mode.

The other cat saw me and bailed out. Our cat spun around, still with the red mist, and latched onto my leg, opening my shin up. Blood every where. One wound was still bleeding 30 hours later, and I can still hardly walk.

dave.king1
17-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Having experienced the exquisite pain of the weight of an adult cat hanging by the claws from my todger I have a certain degree of hate for domestic felines.

I've always had no time for cats and when this one jumped on my lap I simply opened my legs to let it drop and the rest is vaguely described above.

I threw it out the ground floor window back in 1974 and I'm not sure it has bounced yet ;)

chrissyinbkk
18-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Well Dave that make me chuckle....

Rabbitz
27-12-2017, 04:11 AM
An update:

After 3 days in hospital, surgery, no booze and a cancelled Christmas holiday to Vanuatu the leg is starting feel better.

Still looks awful but I am walking without a stick.

He got me a beauty and has cost me a bucket load of cash.

No wonder I've been a misery-guts the last few festive days. Did I mention no booze?

:)

DrNomis_44
27-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Geez, Rabbitz I know my cat Holly does tend to be a bit bitey and clawy, but she's never done anything like that to me....touchwood, I think your cat did that to you by mistake since it was still in a fighting mode, cats do tend to be a bit territorial, some more than others, I wouldn't blame the cat, hope you get better soon mate, try putting some Betadeine antiseptic on it, or the juice of a piece of Aloe Vera plant.

If you've got a cat and it's in a fighting, or angry mode, what you want to do is act as much as possible in a non-threatening manner towards it, cats get stressed out just like humans do, and a cat will mostly attack someone as a defensive response if it feels threatened in any way, they won't attack someone for no reason at all.

Zandit75
05-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Wow, never seen that kind of injury from a domestic cat before!
I've noticed a huge change come over some of my cats if they're in unusual territory to what they're used to. We have indoor cats, and both would have no issues in the backyard with our dogs, all very happily get along with each other. However, if they ventured out the front of the house, our old cat Riley would go mental, you could not approach him without him hissing and spitting at you, and you only ever grabbed him if your skin were fully covered. I was very lucky not to get clawed in the face the few times I was able to grab him!