PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff

adam
16-12-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm doing my best to add all the new kits to the site, but struggling to find the time.

Here's a couple of new kits I've just added.

There's a really nice looking P Bass kit with a 2 piece Ash body, chrome hardware and a Maple or Blackwood (Engineered Rosewood) fretboard.

The Factory says it is "America Ash" but I make no claims as to authenticity.

GPB-4M (Maple Fretboard) and GPB-4B (Blackwood Fretboard)

Check it out here: https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/gpb-4b-electric-bass-guitar-kit-ash-body/

And this GPR-1M and GPR-1B semi-hollow body kit with Chrome or Gold hardware and Maple or Blackwood fretboard.

Check it out here: https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-gpr-1m-electric-guitar-kit-maple-fretboard/

Note: these are from a new supplier I met in Frankfurt earlier this year. I was very impressed with their samples at the Show and, so far, equally impressed with the kits they have sent us.

dave.king1
16-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Hmm, the GPR-1B is rather nice and could easily elbow the VI out of the way for a bit

christodav
16-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Very nice!

chrissyinbkk
16-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Oh yes, nice looking kits,

Jed51
17-12-2017, 03:36 AM
Have to agree with Dave. I’ve been considering a thin line semi hollow kit to add to my collection and that GPR-1B does look very nice. Just wondering about the bridge type in the kit - doesn’t seem to have any pre-drilling, yet I don’t see a trapeze style end stop. I assume these would take a bigsby as an option?

Andyxlh
17-12-2017, 03:42 AM
Very nice, more saving needed for these!!!

chrissyinbkk
17-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Have to agree with Dave. I’ve been considering a thin line semi hollow kit to add to my collection and that GPR-1B does look very nice. Just wondering about the bridge type in the kit - doesn’t seem to have any pre-drilling, yet I don’t see a trapeze style end stop. I assume these would take a bigsby as an option?

I was thinking exactly the same which stopped me from hitting the buy button till I find out...

FrankenWashie
17-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Ooooh Santa, I’ve an idea for you...

Dedman
17-12-2017, 06:06 AM
ooooh those are both nice!

adam
17-12-2017, 06:40 AM

Hi Jed51, yes, there is a bit more DIY with these kits, compared to kits from our regular supplier. It does leave options for floating bridge and/or trapeze though.

Maybe we can get our resident Luthier to pre-drill if the customer requests. Will talk to him.

wokkaboy
17-12-2017, 08:14 AM
love the GPR Ads, would look unreal with gold bling. As others said looks like the factory didn't drill bridge and tailpiece bridge holes. As you say it gives the builder options for another bridge type. Also have the pickups got 4 wires so they can be coil split ?

Fretworn
17-12-2017, 09:37 AM
And this GPR-1M and GPR-1B semi-hollow body kit with Chrome or Gold hardware and Maple or Blackwood fretboard.

Very Phish-y. Trey would approve.

Dedman
17-12-2017, 02:21 PM
string thru :D

pablopepper
17-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Very Phish-y. Trey would approve.

Was thinking the same. Languedoc-esque. Really like the look of both of these kits.

Andy40
17-12-2017, 06:38 PM
yummy yum yum

FrankenWashie
17-12-2017, 08:24 PM
(Whilst breathing deeply, in a cross legged meditative pose)
Oooom I have too many projects on....
Oooom I have too many projects on....

Andy40
18-12-2017, 03:06 AM
I hear ya FW

andrewdosborne
18-12-2017, 04:42 AM
The ash PB looks delicious!

phrozin
18-12-2017, 06:16 PM
just when i thought i didn't need another strat then phroz found this new strat to do GS-2QB I love this one, and me likes GPR-1M hollow body

Joe3334
18-12-2017, 06:35 PM
just when i thought i didn't need another strat then phroz found this new strat to do GS-2QB I love this one, and me likes GPR-1M hollow body

Looks nice doesn't it. I might have to get a custom order somewhere down the line, if possible for these new kits.

Jed51
12-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Well the semi- hollows didn’t hang around too long, although I’m not surprised! Any more in the pipeline Adam?

Simon Barden
12-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Well the semi- hollows didn’t hang around too long, although I’m not surprised! Any more in the pipeline Adam?

The GPR-1s should hopefully reappear fairly soon. There was a small mismatch between the electronics provided with the kit and the number of control knob holes, and some wording change required for the description.

chrissyinbkk
12-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Well my 2 new kits have arrived and well pleased as per usual... 2 days to arrive in the UK from Aus... 7 days getting customs clearance then 1 day to the local PO.....

The GS 2Z is absolutely divine, cant see any issues apart from tidying the ends of the frets, they do sit a little proud over the edge of the fretboard, but this wont be a problem... The GTL-1B is very nice, little heavier than i thought and the neck for now seems a little slack, give it a few weeks to acclimatise.... wont be starting any of them yet as I still have to start the SGM-1 yet.... like a little kid looking through the candy shop window at the moment..

Simon Barden
13-01-2018, 12:44 AM
I can see your noseprint on the photos. ;)

FrankenWashie
13-01-2018, 04:13 AM
Well my 2 new kits have arrived and well pleased as per usual... 2 days to arrive in the UK from Aus... 7 days getting customs clearance then 1 day to the local PO.....

The GS 2Z is absolutely divine, cant see any issues apart from tidying the ends of the frets, they do sit a little proud over the edge of the fretboard, but this wont be a problem... The GTL-1B is very nice, little heavier than i thought and the neck for now seems a little slack, give it a few weeks to acclimatise.... wont be starting any of them yet as I still have to start the SGM-1 yet.... like a little kid looking through the candy shop window at the moment..

So much envy, Igor is turning green...er...green-er. Nice score!

chrissyinbkk
13-01-2018, 04:18 AM
Funnily enough, green is something i want to try... red i got, blue i got, yellow i got...amber i got... purple i got but need sorting yet electronically... the gs,,, thats going natural dont want to spoil that grain

Dedman
13-01-2018, 06:42 AM
Worse than pringles aren't they? Just can't stop at one........or two......or three

Jed51
18-03-2018, 11:18 AM
The GPR-1s should hopefully reappear fairly soon. There was a small mismatch between the electronics provided with the kit and the number of control knob holes, and some wording change required for the description.

Given the length of time since they disappeared can one assume that they won't actually be coming back? Not that I'm impatient, but these were on the list of kits I was considering for my next build after the disappointment of an order mix-up over Christmas.

Simon Barden
18-03-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't know. I do now have a GPR-1 but there have been quite a few issues with it. Not as well put together as my other Pit Bull kits. It's got a lightly arched top, so it's not really suitable for a flat-bottomed screw-on tailpiece, which means that it is probably easier to fit a TOM and stop tailpiece, but that means drilling the holes yourself. The kit really needs to come pre-drilled for them in my opinion. The kit was from a new supplier, but I don't rate them at all. The idea is good, but the execution is flawed.

Jed51
18-03-2018, 05:07 PM
That’s a bit disappointing to hear - they looked so good when Adam got the first samples. Best to look at other options I guess!