PDA

View Full Version : Customising Pickguards

teamjeffo
28-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Good afternoon axe-men and axe-ladies!!

In the last few GOTM comps I noticed some of you had customised pickguards.

Have these been commissioned? If so, could you be kind enough to give me a contact?

I’ve tried researching whether it’s possible to use a water slide then use a clear nitro over the top, but my findings are inconclusive.

Sonic Mountain
28-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Pablopepper is the man to speak to I believe - I'm guessing he works somewhere with a laser cutter or has access to one. I think the go is you send him a template and he works up a cutting file, I'd PM him. Otherwise you could google local laser cutters and see who's doing acrylic.

I'm not 100% about nitro, but I have sprayed automotive acrylic on the reverse side of clear acrylic (perspex) with no problems, so the water slide with clear over the top would work. Worth testing on a scrap of the actual material you use as some paints and solvents will definitely react with it.

teamjeffo
28-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Pablopepper is the man to speak to I believe - I'm guessing he works somewhere with a laser cutter or has access to one. I think the go is you send him a template and he works up a cutting file, I'd PM him. Otherwise you could google local laser cutters and see who's doing acrylic.

I'm not 100% about nitro, but I have sprayed automotive acrylic on the reverse side of clear acrylic (perspex) with no problems, so the water slide with clear over the top would work. Worth testing on a scrap of the actual material you use as some paints and solvents will definitely react with it.

Thanks Sonic

[emoji120]

pablopepper
28-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Hey Jeffo, yep. :) PM me and we can work out a deal!

teamjeffo
28-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey Jeffo, yep. :) PM me and we can work out a deal!

Awesome! I’m a while off, but now I know who to harass!

tommycarlos
28-12-2017, 05:49 PM
As do I... *insert Mr Burns “excellent” here*