PDA

View Full Version : Powering two effects in a single enclosure

JohnH
12-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Possibly a dumb question, but what's the best way to power two effects in a single enclosure? I currently have my Sunn O))) inspired distortion and my EP Booster both powered off the V+ of the perf board that the distortion circuit is built on, but I feel like that's probably not what I'm supposed to be doing.

DrNomis_44
13-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Possibly a dumb question, but what's the best way to power two effects in a single enclosure? I currently have my Sunn O))) inspired distortion and my EP Booster both powered off the V+ of the perf board that the distortion circuit is built on, but I feel like that's probably not what I'm supposed to be doing.

It depends on what you're going to be using to power both of the effects, if it's going to be just one 9V battery it may not be able to supply enough current, on the other hand, if you're going to use a 9V plugpack then providing that the plugpack has plenty of current supply capability, then there shouldn't be any problems, just make sure that you get both effects wired up correctly.

JohnH
14-11-2017, 04:54 PM
It depends on what you're going to be using to power both of the effects, if it's going to be just one 9V battery it may not be able to supply enough current, on the other hand, if you're going to use a 9V plugpack then providing that the plugpack has plenty of current supply capability, then there shouldn't be any problems, just make sure that you get both effects wired up correctly.

Excellent, thanks Doc!