PDA

View Full Version : VI Kit ( any news yet )

dave.king1
07-11-2017, 03:59 AM
G'day PB people, any news or teaser pics of the VI kit yet.

The time of the fat man in the red suit is rapidly approaching and I need to know what sort of hints I need to drop to the family :)

popscene
07-11-2017, 03:38 PM
I was just wondering the same thing!

adam
08-11-2017, 04:31 PM
G'day PB people, any news or teaser pics of the VI kit yet.

The time of the fat man in the red suit is rapidly approaching and I need to know what sort of hints I need to drop to the family :)

Hi Dave, hoping that our VI kits will be here in the first week of December.

dave.king1
08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Hi Dave, hoping that our VI kits will be here in the first week of December.

Thanks Adam, any indicative pricing yet I'd like to be able to hint to the fruit of my loins how gracious they should feel towards my input into their existence :D

adam
08-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Thanks Adam, any indicative pricing yet I'd like to be able to hint to the fruit of my loins how gracious they should feel towards my input into their existence :D

Haha, I'm predicting around the $269 mark. They have an Ash body, Rosewood Fretboard (Blackwood for International orders)

dave.king1
08-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Haha, I'm predicting around the $269 mark. They have an Ash body, Rosewood Fretboard (Blackwood for International orders)

Thanks Adam, I'll put them on notice for a bit more to fund a bone nut and pickup upgrades to suit

popscene
08-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Adam put me down for one when they launch! Can't wait for them!

wokkaboy
08-11-2017, 07:48 PM
cool news that's exciting, sure they will sell like hot cakes at that price ! Hopefully they should come with baritone gauge strings

dave.king1
08-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Any update on this yet ??

Dedman
09-12-2017, 06:01 AM
Wokka, D'Addario do a special set for Fender Bass VI 24 to 84 (all wound)

wokkaboy
09-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Sounds good Deddy will look into them when I order a VI kit when they are available

elcodyloco
09-12-2017, 09:07 AM
LaBella makes nickel, stainless steel, and flatwound strings for Bass VI guitars. I've tried them and love them. They also apparently make tapewounds for Bass VI, but I haven't tried them, and I dunno how well they would work on a vibrato system like the Bass VI's. Circle K makes custom sets as well for Bass VI, but I've yet to try any of them (they're much cheaper than LaBella though).

Eagerly awaiting any information at all! Even a body shape diagram! Pickup choice! Pickguard or top rout!

ANYTHING. PLEASE.

adam
09-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Hopefully next week we'll see the addition of some Bass VI style kits.

Bass Guy
11-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Just in time for Christmas! Dangerous!

elcodyloco
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM
If better thin out my herd to buy one before they're gone then. :O

popscene
11-12-2017, 09:48 PM
I've been checking multiple times a day for this kit! Can't wait for it!

dave.king1
12-12-2017, 05:20 AM
With the amount of interest in this kit it looks like it will sell out immediately

elcodyloco
12-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Sooo next week as in this calendar week or the week starting next Monday? Inquiring minds want to know.

popscene
12-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Sooo next week as in this calendar week or the week starting next Monday? Inquiring minds want to know.

oh yeah! With all the interest here I'm afraid they'll sell out before I get my grubby little mitts on one. Are they the standard fender offset shape?

adam
14-12-2017, 04:18 AM
Sorry folks, bad news on the Baritone model.

Despite my detailed instructions, what they have actually supplied is a 25.5" scale Jazzmaster style kit.

Really nice looking kit, but not the 30" Bass VI style kit we ordered.

We are working with the factory to see if they can supply the correct necks, but they would not be here until the new year.

Will update when e have sorted the necks.

dave.king1
14-12-2017, 04:44 AM

Despite my detailed instructions, what they have actually supplied is a 25.5" scale Jazzmaster style kit.

We are working with the factory to see if they can supply the correct necks, but they would not be here until the new year.

Not entirely bad news, means the fat bloke in the red suit will visit before the kits are all sold out. :D

In the meantime how about a pic or two of the kit as it stands as an appetizer

adam
14-12-2017, 04:55 AM
Not entirely bad news, means the fat bloke in the red suit will visit before the kits are all sold out. :D

In the meantime how about a pic or two of the kit as it stands as an appetizer

Yes, it's on the To Do list, which is a little out of control atm.

There's quite a few new models and also some new kits from another supplier I met in Frankfurt earlier this year.

Looks like I will be spending my entire weekend in the Photo room.

FrankenWashie
14-12-2017, 10:06 AM

So, what you appear to be saying is that, possibly, you might have a few cheap Jazzmaster kits on your hands? Or am I reading too much in to your statement?

wokkaboy
14-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Franky wait and see what Ads says, maybe he will or maybe he will return the 25.5" scale necks for the 30" necks.

FrankenWashie
14-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Franky wait and see what Ads says, maybe he will or maybe he will return the 25.5" scale necks for the 30" necks.

I'm just stirring Wokka. I do have a JM project in mind, but I also have a stack of African Mahogany and American Maple lurking in the Frankenlab vaults. It will likely be a scratch build.

Edit: That is of course assuming the bride doesn't find my wood stash and order it turned into a craft center or some such....

wokkaboy
14-12-2017, 10:57 AM
haha no worries Franky, sounds like you have months worth of projects on the go anyway

FrankenWashie
14-12-2017, 02:32 PM
haha no worries Franky, sounds like you have months worth of projects on the go anyway

Yeah, most things in the FrankenLab are on long lead times.

elcodyloco
15-12-2017, 08:12 AM
I'm actually moderately heartbroken. I literally sold two guitars to buy a kit. :( Ah well. Maybe the factory could have better luck making conversion necks for guitars and basses? A 30" conversion neck on a bass with no tuner holes drilled could be a good start for a Bass VI style creation.

Brendan
16-12-2017, 09:13 AM
I'm actually moderately heartbroken. I literally sold two guitars to buy a kit. :( Ah well. Maybe the factory could have better luck making conversion necks for guitars and basses? A 30" conversion neck on a bass with no tuner holes drilled could be a good start for a Bass VI style creation.

I think its a kit that Adam will keep working on - don't lose hope yet!

dave.king1
27-01-2018, 06:48 AM
Any updates on this yet, I responded to a question on FB Kit Builders saying it was in the works but couldn't name a date

pastorn
25-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Any updates on this yet

adam
14-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Hi Pastorn, still working with he factry. Honestly, I don;t know why it's proving so difficult, but it does require some reworking of the CNC Templates... not just a matter of chucking a longer neck on the kits.

Aiming for some stock around August at this stage; with the JM shape.

Maninblack
24-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Add me as+1 for the bass vi. More towards the gender pawn shop setup than the squire..HSS