PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mid output bridge humbucker

Nickosaurus
04-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Hi folks,

Looking for a mid output bridge humbucker. Not fussed on brand but shooting for high mid tones.

Cheers

wazkelly
04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Have you checked out the sound videos on Tonerider site?

Alnico II might be what you are after as from memory it may have been styled upon original PAF's.

Have used Entwistle Darkstars in my son's Strat copy and find them a bit bright/harsh compared to Tonerider Alnico IV's in the EX-1. TR's are twice the price though and a wildcard might be Artist Bullbucker which is supposed to be a SD clone and from the sound videos, it sounds better IMO and well priced too.

Nickosaurus
08-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Will have to look into them Waz cheers mate. It's been so long since buying a pickup I've taken my finger off the pulse.

OliSam
06-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Have you checked out the sound videos on Tonerider site?

Alnico II might be what you are after as from memory it may have been styled upon original PAF's.

Have used Entwistle Darkstars in my son's Strat copy and find them a bit bright/harsh compared to Tonerider Alnico IV's in the EX-1. TR's are twice the price though and a wildcard might be Artist Bullbucker which is supposed to be a SD clone and from the sound videos, it sounds better IMO and well priced too.

Bit late but I’ll just add to this.
I have artist bullbuckers on my Tele deluxe.
Thought they were just great. However I recently changed the tone pots from 500k to 1000k leaving the volume pots at 500k and WOW THEY ARE NOW TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!
I can’t believe the massive difference in quality tone that now comes out of my guitar.
Just stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk