PDA

View Full Version : RIP George Young.

Fretworn
23-10-2017, 01:16 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/acdc-musician-george-young-dead-at-71-20171023-gz6f8n.html

Another Oz Rock pioneer gone. Easybeats and Flash & The Pan. Writer and producer for AC/DC, John Paul Young.

wokkaboy
23-10-2017, 02:23 PM
yeah sad news Fretty heard on the news. Older brother to Angus and Malcolm

dave.king1
23-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Sad news yet again but I guess we are all getting older and eventually it comes with the territory.

Back around 1966-67 I was a PMG trainee working at Burwood Telephone Exchange here in Sydney and everyday around 10am the Easy's would wander past in a daze on their way for their morning sustenance, there was an excellent Greek cake / sandwich shop on the corner so I guess that's where they were headed.

Bass Guy
23-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Awful news. He was a goliath.

Tweaky
23-10-2017, 03:34 PM
One of the nicest guys you could ever meet.....Horrible to try to meet at a gig, only because he, and the rest of the 'Young' clan, are so short....Jockey sized....hard to spot in a crowd.
Had a HUGE influence on Malcolm Young, as he had his next youngest brother playing session work in Albert's Studio in Kent St Sydney.

That session work is where Malcolm Young got that great right hand, MR Rhythm, hence the backbone of AC/DC.....Angus....well he sort of grew up eventually....you know the rest

dave.king1
23-10-2017, 07:17 PM
One of the nicest guys you could ever meet.....Horrible to try to meet at a gig, only because he, and the rest of the 'Young' clan, are so short....Jockey sized....hard to spot in a crowd.
Had a HUGE influence on Malcolm Young, as he had his next youngest brother playing session work in Albert's Studio in Kent St Sydney.

That session work is where Malcolm Young got that great right hand, MR Rhythm, hence the backbone of AC/DC.....Angus....well he sort of grew up eventually....you know the rest

Nice memories.

Did you do anything with Joe Halford we had quite a long relationship with him nice guy but we did give him hell

DrNomis_44
25-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Sad news indeed, Angus Young must be taking it pretty hard, first his brother Malcom gets diagnosed with dementia and then his older brother George dies aged 70, my heart goes out to all the members of the Young family, even though I've never met them in person they have all been my best mates ever since I been listening to AC/DC's music.

Tweaky
25-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Nice memories.

Did you do anything with Joe Halford we had quite a long relationship with him nice guy but we did give him hell

I was on the periphery of the goings on at Albert's.
A viewer and keeper of notes of the goings on, both written and photographic, of the comings and goings [session work/ Equipment removed/installed ] Bands that used the studio......I was 17 -20 at the time.

It all went pear shaped as soon as the ANGEL's thought they could do better NOT signed to Albert's.....you can ask who are still alive in that band if that was the correct decision ....I think they would say NO.

Harbour Agency pretty much had every Great band signed up, lock stock and barrel.....not all decisions made were good ones by the bands management

Maddogm
01-11-2017, 01:29 PM
It all went pear shaped as soon as the ANGEL's thought they could do better NOT signed to Albert's.....you can ask who are still alive in that band if that was the correct decision ....I think they would say NO.

After hearing the news last week I rewatched Blood & Thunder (An ABC doco on Alberts and in particular Ted Albert and Vanda & Young)

In it John Brewster talks about how leaving Alberts was a bad decision

wokkaboy
01-11-2017, 01:31 PM
I remember that Maddog was a good doco, is it still on ABC Iview ?

Maddogm
01-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Not sure, I have it on bluray