PDA

View Full Version : JohnH's DIY GuitarPedals

JohnH
10-10-2017, 06:53 PM
I've almost finished building a 7 Min Fuzz from DIY Guitar Pedals, and am about to order a few more PCB's from them too, so thought I'd start another thread documenting the builds.

PCB was from here: http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31

22682 22683

Cute little circuit board. Built it inside my delay pedal enclosure again (it's been getting a workout lol)

Drilled and polished the enclosure at work.

22686 22687

JohnH
10-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Primed, sprayed and screen printed the enclosure at work too...

22688 22689 22690

DrNomis_44
10-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Looks cool, do you clearcoat the pedal enclosures after they're screen printed?

JohnH
10-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Looks cool, do you clearcoat the pedal enclosures after they're screen printed?

Yeah, I think if I didn't then the text would chip off for sure. I'm just using White Knight acrylic (satin for the preamp I made, and gloss for this one). Will have to wait and see how they hold up with use.

DrNomis_44
10-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I think if I didn't then the text would chip off for sure. I'm just using White Knight acrylic (satin for the preamp I made, and gloss for this one). Will have to wait and see how they hold up with use.

I used White Knight Clear Gloss Acrylic to clear-coat my Rangemaster Treble Booster pedal and it worked fine for me with no major issues, I used some rub-on letraset to do the labeling before I sprayed it with clear coat.

JohnH
13-10-2017, 06:28 PM
And, it's done!

I managed to lose the fuzz when I wired it into the box, so I'm assuming I've just got a poorly soldered connection somewhere. Will look more closely tomorrow. The bypass and the LED both work, so that's a start. Also I didn't include a battery option, just the DC jack.

Also, the colour is much more turquoise in real life. I'm pretty happy with it.

JohnH
14-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Like Marcel with his compressor pedal, I came at this again this morning with fresh eyes and immediately spotted the problem - the leg of the transistor which connects to the gain pot had broken off. In the confines of the enclosure it was impossible to tell, but on close inspection it was pretty obvious, and as soon as I wiggled the wire it popped right out.

So, emergency trip to Jaycar, bought a new MPSA13, soldered it in, and the fuzz is back!