PDA

View Full Version : Custom RD-1 Guitar Kit

adam
10-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Here's another one where the factory confused Quilted and Spalted, and it's a beauty.

It's an RD-1 guitar kit with a Mahogany body and neck, spalted maple veneer, triple body binding and cream neck and headstock binding.

At the customer's request, only the bridge pickup (humbucker) has been routed.

Body and neck kit available for just AU$199.

Hardware pack (AU$39) and Bone Nut (AU$37.95) available as options.

This product is hidden at the moment so our Forum Members can have first dibs:

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-rd-4-electric-bass-guitar-kit-custom-special/

Simon Barden
10-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Some slight adaption required as (despite the single pickup) they have drilled a pickup selector switch hole plus two control holes, so I'd suggest that anyone interested considers fitting a preamp with volume, treble and bass controls.

Adam, you might want to check with the order placer about the control hole arrangement as they might not have realised they would get the standard configuration if they are still going to wait for a quilted top version.

king casey
10-10-2017, 05:56 PM
An RD-4 kit with 6 strings? or is it a guitar?
I'm with the factory....confused?

cheers, Mark.

adam
10-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Ok, clearly I need to take a break... this is an RD-1 Guitar Kit, not an RD-4 Bass Kit.

I will amend the description.

**Edited**

Dedman
10-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Very tempted but the weather is getting too warm for guitar building.

Sonic Mountain
11-10-2017, 05:35 AM
If I didn't already have a long line up of to-dos I'd buy this one. Some great deals here at the moment, the Flying V in the other thread also gave me pause......

Fretworn
11-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Maybe if I had a job....