PDA

View Full Version : Japanese fender-esque superstrats

Joe3334
15-09-2017, 08:23 PM
An addition to the number of superstrats available from PBG would be great, I personally am a fan of superstrats that have a fender-like feel to them e.g. A Jackson dinky, performer, or professional, Charvel, and Heartfield guitars. The time period in which most of these superstrats were basking in glory was between 1980-1995? Anyway the majority of these superstrats were equipped with a locking tremolo system and were either made of alder, basswood, or mahogany and most didn't have any veneers (some had either a flame or quilted maple veneer) but rather solid, sparkle, or metallic paintjobs.

Spychocyco
20-09-2017, 04:23 AM
I second that. :)

Brendan
20-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Check out https://www.pitbullguitars.com/custom-guitar-kits/ - there is generally scope to set up necks / bodies for locking nuts, etc - and alternatively I dare say get a hockey stick or pointy headstock style. Chuck customshop at pitbullguitars dot com an email and Adam should be able to look after you.

Joe3334
21-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Custom orders only apply to pre existing body shapes, a pointy headstock on a standard stratocaster body wouldn't look too appealing to me personally. The horns would have to have a deeper cutaway and be more 'pointy'. I know that there is the SV-1 kit but I'm not a fan of the Ibanez RG style or jem style bodies, they just feel uncomfortable. I've always felt that Jackson, Charvel, and Heartfield are the best feeling superstrats out there, after all they were/are made by fender.

This is a very personal request for a potential new kit and I know myself and Spychocyco aren't enough to prompt the PBG team to create this type of kit. I just wanted to get my idea out there.

Cheers, Joe