PDA

View Full Version : Help with wiring

Joe3334
04-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Hi all

I was just looking over the wiring diagram for my IB-1 kit and I have encountered a problem. Rather than using the single coil pickup that came with the kit for the middle position I decided I was going to use a Chinese hot rails pickup. According to the diagram the single coil uses two wires, a hot wire connected to the selector and a ground wire which is connected to the volume pot, however the hot rails pickup has 3 wires... I have no idea where the 3rd wire goes.

This is what the description of the eBay listing said about the pickup:
Specification:
Color: Black, Silver
Material: Metal + magnet + copper
Brand name: BQLZR
White line: firewire
Black line: Neutral wire(Zero Line)
When connecting the black line with the white line, the resistance is about 8K, which means two single pickup connected to be a humbucker's resistance.
Red line and green line are single pickup, when they connect with white or black line, the resistance is about 4K
Install hole to hole distance: 75mm

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Joe

wokkaboy
04-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Hey Joe, the hot rails single pickup is coil splittable, so if you don't want to split the coils, then connect the black and white wires to the switch and ground and the red and green wire just put some insulation tape over them. So you should get both rails working and 8k ohms resistance

Joe3334
04-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Thank you Wokka