PDA

View Full Version : Live rig for sale

Andy123
20-08-2017, 01:38 AM
My rock days are over, and the gear has to go. I have two guitars with matching bridge pick ups, one was used as a back-up for the other when playing live. I also have a valve amp and 4x12 cab. Happy to sell individually, but the guitars match the amp and each other. They served me well as a live rig and maybe they could stay together when they find their next home.

I've had a lot of trouble offloading these, as most folks buying second hand want only classic Gibson or Fender gear.

I'm looking for a smaller amp and would love to get my hands on one of these bad boys:
http://www.gitaneguitar.net/gitaneguitar/dg-250-gitane-selmer-style-jazz-guitar-solid-peghead-petite-bouche.html

You could say I'm downsizing and upgrading at the same time ;)

Any serious offer (more serious than what cashies would offer) considered.

Epiphone Explorer with hardcase
http://guitargear.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/epiphone-korina-explorer.jpg
(one in picture is not mine)

Original owner also bought a more recent model "goth" epihpone explorer, and kept this one as his back up. The pick ups in the korina one were early model epiphone ones, which screamed with uncontrollable microphonic feedback. Heres what happened: old mate put some EMGs in the goth model (he's a Hettfiend) and put the newer "Gibson Licence" pick ups from the goth explorer into the korina one.

Then I bought it off him, and put a Dimarzio Tone Zone (http://www.dimarzio.com/node/2141) in the bridge position, and here we are: "Gibson Licence" in the neck, Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge.

Anyone who's ever tried to buy a case for one of these will appreciate the value of it. Generic cases just don't fit.

Yamaha AES500 with hardcase
Again, not my guitar in pic.

I really didn't like the neck pick up and the bridge pick up wasn't fantastic. I've put a Dimarzio Tone zone in the bridge, and the old bridge pickup in the neck position. There's a new pick up selector switch (Tom Morello has a lot to answer for!!) and new bridge. The bridge is fairly similar to the old one, only better quality - old one was cheap and nasty. Chrome was starting to bubble and corrode, and saddle was breaking strings.

Engl Fireball E625 60w valve amp.
Engl E412 standard 4x12 slanted speaker cab.

Has seen a few gigs but has been unused since 2006, and deserves to be owned by someone who will take her out more often. Well looked after, pretty good condition. Great for a scooped metal sound, clean tone is pretty nice too. Includes Engl Z4 footswitch.

From the manual:
The Engl Fireball is dual channel, all-tube head that sets new standards for rock amps.
Boasting a totally new design, the head is equipped with a 6L6-loaded power amp (60 watts) that packs a mighty punch and cranks out both cutting-edge hi-gain lead sounds and crisp clean tone. Its vast gain reserves make the FIREBALL the king of the hill, the no. 1 rock amp in the business. Delivering tight bottom end, smooth top end, and incredible sound pressure levels, this amp puts into the hands of today's guitarists the sonic tools they need to carve out highly defined, expressive tones of their own. Other trademark ENGL features include a second master volume, electronic power amp monitoring, and a variable FX loop.

Rated power: approx. 60W at 8 or 16 ohms
Tubes
Poweramp: V1, V2: 6L6GC matched set
Preamp: V3 (input tube): ECC 83/12AX7, FQ selected; V4, V5: ECC 83/12AX7 selected; V6: ECC 83/12AX7 standard
Fuses
External: 1 AT (slow) for the 230 V model, 2 AT (slow) in the 100 and 120 V models
Internal: 1,25 AT (slow) for the 230 V model; 2,5 AT (slow) in the 100 and 120 V models
Power consumption: 160W
Dimensions: 71 x 27 x 27 cm
Weight: 19 kg; 42 lb.
This is the 230v model, so no power conversions necessary.

Speaker cabinet:
4 x 12 CelestionÆ V60
240 watts mono, 2 x 120 watts stereo
Impedance: 8 Ohms mono, 2 x 16 Ohms stereo
Wood: Particleboard plus Siberian Birch baffle board.
Dimensions & Weight: 74 x 75 x 36 cm, 41 kg

Stainless steel grill offers near bullet-proof protection for the speakers.

Andy40
20-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Waz....back away from the Explorer.....baaaack away....:p

wazkelly
20-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Waz....back away from the Explorer.....baaaack away....:p

Hey Andy, it looks just like the Ibanez one I owned back in the 1980's except mine had chrome hardware.

With one guitar & a bass in this shape that will do me for now, and that also tends to rule me out pf Firebird & Thunderbird a bit too as they are just rounded off versions of these anyways.

The Amp rig intrigued me until I realised it was fitted with 6L6's and therefore most likely more Yankee than Brit sounding as I prefer Marshall & Vox tones.

Cheers, Waz

Nickosaurus
23-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Hey Andy what sort of ballpark are you looking for the ENGL? Don't see them often in Aus but I've always wanted one. Happy to take it to PM if you like

Andy123
25-08-2017, 04:13 PM
A while ago I had it all listed like this on gumtree in an attempt to move the gear together. Obviously with no bites I'll have to adjust my expectations:

Amp $2000
Guitars $500 each

Amp + 1 guitar $2450
Amp + 2 guitars $2850

Head + cab retails for over $3500.
Both guitars came close to $1000 each after getting the case and the pick up upgrade, so I figured $500 each was reasonable.

Andy123
22-11-2017, 06:59 AM
This gear is still for sale if anyone is interested. This thread seemed to go cold as soon as I listed the prices above. Please note I was merely pointing out prices I had previously listed them for - I am willing to let them go for much less.

Andy123
16-12-2017, 08:48 PM
One last bump to let everyone know, if you'd like to offer even a fraction more than the slap in the face Cash Converters are likely to offer me, let me know. I should be reporting in for said slap in the face late January.

Fretworn
17-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Wish I could offer assistance (those Yami's are nice) but unemployment and family issues preclude spending finances on musical equipment.