PDA

View Full Version : More angle grinder fun

dave.king1
19-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Not me for a change but a mate in Adelaide, his words & pics below

No matter how old you get and how many times you are told some people do stupid things. Like me! Needed to do a bit of cutting underneath the car trailer. Out with the angle grinder, lying on the creeper cutting away and it jammed and spat out. Hit me on the jaw and across the throat and the tangled in my jumper. Slid out then had to pull the cord until it came out of the extension cord. Felt my neck and there was plenty of blood, but, not spurting. Went off to the local clinic who sent me off to emergency at the Wakefield street hospital. Had a look in a mirror. Bit of a deep cut in the jaw. Will x Ray to see if it hit the bone. It went across the throat across the voice box and a bit beyond, but not too deep thank God. Will be spending the night in Hospital and getting stitched up. Have just had needles stuck in my arm and Tetanus injection. Have been told I am to have surgery.

FrankenWashie
19-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Of all the power tools i use, these things are the ones that i dislike the most. I got used to routers, planers and thicknesses. Angle grinders still give me the irrits. i'd rather take the time and file things down.

chrissyinbkk
21-08-2017, 04:10 AM
One damn lucky guy there, a few mm he might not have been around

JB RETRO
21-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Yep too right FW, I work with every sort of power tool and the 9 inch angle grinder is the most dangerous in my book. They catch and spit. This is a luucky guy, he should get himself a Tatts ticket this week

FrankenWashie
21-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Yep too right FW, I work with every sort of power tool and the 9 inch angle grinder is the most dangerous in my book. They catch and spit. This is a luucky guy, he should get himself a Tatts ticket this week

Damn Straight. I have one of those AEG Multi piece 18V COrdless sets (Drill, Impact Driver, Light, Circular saw, 9" Grinder, RO Sander and Plane) The angle grinder is the only one that doesn't get used.

wazkelly
21-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Don't want to remember how many near misses I have had using these wild contraptions. Not much fun when the cutting disk decides to disintegrate and let loose with flying shrapnel too.

Hey Frankie, this bloke could be another extra to hang out with Igor to lurk around your work cave now that he has all those zipper marks.

He is one helluva lucky fella to come out of that with so few injuries.

FrankenWashie
21-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Hey Frankie, this bloke could be another extra to hang out with Igor to lurk around your work cave now that he has all those zipper marks.

Nah Mate, Igor is bit funny about competition for "Spare Parts". MwahahahahahahahaHaHAHAHHAHHAH!!!

wazkelly
21-08-2017, 08:08 PM
They would have lots of fun comparing zipper marks though.