PDA

View Full Version : Bolt-on neck wanted (buy/trade)

Chuck
18-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has a bolt-on guitar neck, ideally a strat style but others considered, that they want to offload? I've got a weird idea for a build that will require some significant neck reshaping! Not sure if it will work so don't want to invest too much at this point. I'm happy to buy or trade but just thought I'd put it out there.

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Hey Chuck sounds interesting. If you only need a 21 fret strat neck they are only $55.
I bought a few off adds mix of strat and tele and most have been chewed up with CNC bodies haha

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitar-body-blanks/pbg-n2r-rosewood-neck-tl-style-kits/

Chuck
18-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Cheers Wok, that's the plan if no one has one - just figured I'd see if there was a surplus one floating around first!

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 11:35 AM
no worries Chuck. Necks at 4D are like gold bars, always a surplus of bodies haha
Hope to get off my bum soon and start learning the programming side of CNC so I can make my own necks

andrewdosborne
18-08-2017, 01:22 PM
no worries Chuck. Necks at 4D are like gold bars, always a surplus of bodies haha
Hope to get off my bum soon and start learning the programming side of CNC so I can make my own necks

Hey Chuck, I have one you may be interested in. Strat, reverse headstock, maple neck. Your welcome to come and take a look

Woks - its the one that went missing in my workshop lol

PM me if interested.

Cheers
Andy

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 01:28 PM
wow Ponch you found a spare neck in the workshop black hole - great news mate

there are probably a few necks and bodies and a heap of hardware/screws under my workbench too !

reverse headstock a bonus Chuck !

FrankenWashie
18-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Necks at 4D are like gold bars, always a surplus of bodies haha

Yes. Igor has created a similar problem in the FrankenLab.

Chuck
18-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Hey Chuck, I have one you may be interested in. Strat, reverse headstock, maple neck. Your welcome to come and take a look

Woks - its the one that went missing in my workshop lol

PM me if interested.

Cheers
Andy

Pm'd sir - very interested!

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 01:30 PM
hey Ponch will Swans beat the Crows tonight ? I've tipped the crows mate. Not happy with Sydney flogging my Dockers last weekend !

andrewdosborne
18-08-2017, 01:55 PM
For sure, looking forward to them beating the Crows! Due to a severe dose of man-flu I'll be parked on the couch watching this lol

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 02:10 PM
ok Ponch, but I am leaving my tip as the Crows mate. A few drams of whiskey is good for man flu !

andrewdosborne
18-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Good luck with that Woks! I'll try the natural remedy as suggested - I think that's where I've been going wrong....

wokkaboy
18-08-2017, 03:06 PM
haha for sure Ponch. Bonus points if the whiskey is single malt. Don't forget you, myself and Pest were the original thread jackers haha

andrewdosborne
18-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Ah yes another classic thread jacking! Go the Swannies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobastard
23-08-2017, 12:11 AM

Any Surplus Bass Bodies???? I got a Tom Anderson Neck that needs some Love......