PDA

View Full Version : New Finished Guitars

adam
15-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Our finished TLG-2 Guitars have been getting a lot of love. I've been playing one of the Dakota Red ones and I love it... it's so nice and light!!

All I did was a basic set up (string height and intonation), with a set of regular Slinkys, and it plays (and sounds) like a dream. I'd probably add some Toneriders (TRT-1Set) or Bensons if I was going to use it live, but for around home it is perfect and i can't put it down.

Story time... This guy (in the UK) contacted me and said he wanted a guitar like the Original Tele Thinline Classic, but in British Racing Green (I think it's also known as Candy Green)

Anyhoo, he said he wanted a guitar like his friend's guitar, 'cause his friend would not sell him his.

This guy's friend was none other than Andy Scott, from The Sweet.

Well, you just had to mention Andy Scott and I was gushing like a little girl... as The Sweet were my most favouritest band.... EVARRRR!! Seriously, I knew all their birthdays back in the 70's... they are the reason I play music. Mick Tucker got me started playing the drums back in the late 70's.

So, I thought I would add some B.R. Green TLG-2 Finished Guitars to the range. They look awesome, but you're stuck with the photos I've taken as my Brother is MIA.

21644 21645

pablopepper
15-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Nice colour!

dave.king1
15-08-2017, 06:05 PM
The perfect combination of colours for BRG

Simon Barden
15-08-2017, 06:08 PM
What is now known as standard British Racing Green is a bit darker than that (though there have been many variations and earlier racing cars were a bit lighter than later cars). RAL 6005 - Moss Green is the closest match. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green

Like this -

dave.king1
15-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Well done Simon, classic Jag also the correct colour

king casey
15-08-2017, 07:14 PM
The perfect combination of colours for BRG

AAgh!! I'll have to dig out my copy of Grand Prix Legends install all the mods and embark on that steep learning curve all over again! Damn you Jim Clark!!

cheers, Mark.

Simon Barden
15-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Well done Simon, classic Jag also the correct colour

My friend (and our ex-bass player) has a 1968 (IIRC) Lotus 7 repainted in the classic BRG + yellow and got the McClaren workshop to do the paint job. This was when they were still in the small Boundary Road, Woking, workshop, a few years before they moved into their purpose-built and significantly larger Technology Centre on the outskirts of Woking.

Here he is after taking my wife out in it for a quick blast.

dave.king1
16-08-2017, 05:21 AM
My friend (and our ex-bass player) has a 1968 (IIRC) Lotus 7 repainted in the classic BRG + yellow and got the McClaren workshop to do the paint job. This was when they were still in the small Boundary Road, Woking, workshop, a few years before they moved into their purpose-built and significantly larger Technology Centre on the outskirts of Woking.

Here he is after taking my wife out in it for a quick blast.

Being a 68 model it's on the cusp of when Graham Nearn started producing them under the Caterham brand, Nearn had been building the chassis for years.

A very nice looking car

Sonic Mountain
16-08-2017, 06:08 AM
I've had a couple of cars in BRG, its a go to colour, originally because my father had a MKII jag in it. Looks good on a Valiant. I've been thinking about doing a Tele in it.....

http://i.imgur.com/SRTh0L0l.jpg

Dedman
16-08-2017, 08:42 AM
happy to say I worked on this one and drove it briefly ( around the block) back in the 80's. BRG is a different colour to nearly everyone

dave.king1
16-08-2017, 09:02 AM
happy to say I worked on this one and drove it briefly ( around the block) back in the 80's. BRG is a different colour to nearly everyone

Much envy there deaddy

wokkaboy
16-08-2017, 09:58 AM
haha funny how cars always creep into the threads. Nice looking tele Ads and nice cars Simon, Sonic and Deddy

Sonic Mountain
16-08-2017, 12:32 PM

From what I understand there are two Jaguar versions, the older being a bit lighter. The story I heard was that is was the best colour to hide greasy finger prints from the mechanics on the race cars. Having owned a few BRG cars....every mark shows up like dogs testicles so not sure thats the real origin. :)