PDA

View Full Version : Instructions - Help Wanted!!!

adam
04-08-2017, 07:31 PM
The intention was for me to start compiling all the Instructions we have on the Site, the Forum and elsewhere, into one PDF that we would have available prominently on the site.

The Instructions would be aimed at first time builders and have instructions for all the processes that are applicable to all kits, plus separate sections on attaching a set neck and a bolt on neck, for example.

After many attempts to start this, I have realised I just don't have enough spare time to do this. You folks know I still have my other job, right?; the one that actually pays my rent. Between that job and spending every other waking hour answering emails, updating the site and packing orders with my main man Phil W, there is no time left for something like this.

So... who wants a short term, contracted job? Generous rates, fully negotiable... in cash, stock or karma.

This job requires someone with:

Good writing skills for a wide audience; many of whom who will not have English as their first language
Experience with Building kits; preferably having a few different styles under their belt
Time to manage the project, which will involve collecting, compiling and editing input from the good people on this Forum
Experience with MS Word; our preferred format for the draft, which will be edited to include images and then published in PDF format.

Proposed remuneration (fully negotiable) AU$800 in cash (bank or paypal deposit) or AU$1000 in product credit (a voucher which can be used indefinitely). This will be paid on delivery of the final Forum-approved version, in MS Word format.

If you have the job requirements and are passionate about this addictive hobby, please email me directly.

adamboyle (at) pitbullguitars (dot) com

adam
05-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Dedman has put up his hand and accepted the offer. So, we should see something happening soon with the Instructions. Thanks Deddy.

We will make them a Live document, once he has them to a certain point and will be looking for comment, feedback, ideas and proofing from anyone who wants to have input.

We want these to be high quality, best practice and comprehensive instructions. We know this can be achieved if we tap the hive mind of this incredible Forum.

Kick
05-08-2017, 03:34 PM
I think Dedman is the right guy for this job! I'll be looking forward to his documentation :)

wazkelly
06-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Good on you Deddy. Look forward to seeing some of your cool graphics as part of the finished product too.

Cheers, Waz

Andy40
11-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Deddy ....can you get more awesome?

Dedman
11-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Waz, I'll try but need a post it on the screen "Cloth the models"

LOL thanks Andy but most people who know me would tell you otherwise..

I've made a start, Adam will put it up for review and additions when he has the time. You can imagine he's a bit otherwise occupied at the moment.

Sonic Mountain
12-08-2017, 06:28 AM
As long as I'm sticking my oar in the other thread - let me know if you want some help with diagrams Dedman.