PDA

View Full Version : The Magnificent Companeros

Chuck
02-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Figured I might as well plug the first album from my band, The Magnificent Compaņeros, which we released a month or so back.

You can check it out on Spotify (link here (https://open.spotify.com/artist/2EmGJAfP4NoO06LXrn9bhx?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open&play=true)) and if you really like it purchase on iTunes (link here (https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/the-magnificent-compa%C3%B1eros/id1234354919)) whereby I will retire to a country estate where I will build guitars and record songs for the rest of time :D.

andrewdosborne
02-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Just had a listen, great work 'Magnificent Compaņeros' !

Chuck
02-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Thank you sir! We were always The Compaņeros until we went to release the album. Turns out another band of the same name has a couple of tracks on Spotify so we had to go unique. We played around with a bunch of words, until we realised self-promotion might not be such a bad thing, so the "magnificent" it became! Never been good a subtlety.

wokkaboy
02-08-2017, 02:53 PM
listening to the first track, sounds great Chuck. What instruments are you playing and is that you singing ?

Chuck
02-08-2017, 03:02 PM
listening to the first track, sounds great Chuck. What instruments are you playing and is that you singing ?

Yep, most of the singing is me. At the moment the band is really just two of us recording everything for the release! I play some bass, some guitar and some keys, but my collaborator is the main performer/arranger. I write all the lyrics and come up with the basic chord progressions. We also get friends to play parts and we're putting together the live band at the moment using some of those collaborators and some other compaņeros (as in "companions") - first rehearsals this month. Second album is in final stages now - just a few more tweaks before getting it mastered!

wokkaboy
02-08-2017, 03:21 PM
good stuff Chuck, are any of the guitars or basses you are playing PBG builds ?

dave.king1
02-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Not had a listen yet but well done on getting it out there.

We are 11 tracks in at the moment, being a bunch of rather old farts our work is to leave something other than dusty guitars and words on paper for our kids and grandkids.

Brown Bottle is one of the tracks but I have remixed/remastered since I posted it on the home recording forum.

Who did you use to publish, we are looking at Tunecore

dave.king1
02-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Just had a listen, nice work there Compaņeros

Chuck
03-08-2017, 03:43 AM
Who did you use to publish, we are looking at Tunecore

We used a company called State 51 out of the UK (http://state51.com/) and have been very happy with them. There's a music-related business I'm involved in that needed distribution services so we did our own album as the guinea pig. Needless to say, that business is now using them too.

dave.king1
03-08-2017, 05:51 AM
Thanks Chuck I'll check them out

wazkelly
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Listened to all 5. Top effort. Reminds a bit of new wave indie 80's type sounds. Wouldn't be out of place on current JJJ play list.

Chuck
04-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Listened to all 5. Top effort. Reminds a bit of new wave indie 80's type sounds. Wouldn't be out of place on current JJJ play list.

You had me worried for a sec with saying there were only 5 tracks instead of the full album, but now I realise that's just the 5 that Spotify throws up as most popular rather than the full album below it!

Chuck
04-08-2017, 08:57 AM
good stuff Chuck, are any of the guitars or basses you are playing PBG builds ?

I used the JB-4 "Bass IV" on a couple of tracks but that's about it. The ST-1M "Surfcaster" was used in some of the demos but I've currently got that on the bench as there were some grounding issues I need to work out.

OliSam
04-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Magnificent!
Yep, a damn cool name.

Sent from outta space using MartianTalk