PDA

View Full Version : LPM-1 TOM Bridge and Tailpiece post spacing?

Grum27
12-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

I've just purchased my first pitbull kit. I went with the LPM-1 kit as I've always loved Les Paul's but have always found them ergonomically challenged. I figure by getting the kit I can make a few small mods to the body and neck to make it so much more comfortable for me to play.

I want to order some parts for my project, but wanted to find out the centre to centre post spacing on the bridge and tailpiece of these kits before I go ordering away. I won't be home for a few weeks to check the spacing myself and want to have all the parts ready for when I get home so I can dive straight in.

I appreciate the help.
G

FrankenWashie
12-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Grum, sounds like you have some heavy modding planned, I look forward to seeing what you get up to!

Grum27
13-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm not going to go too crazy, just a little bit of a contour on the back of the body and maybe some neck shaping. I've been undecided on hardware for the bridge, whether to go for some tone sapping but cool and modern Schaller STM hardware with a roller bridge and fine tuning tailpiece or more traditional gear.

If anyone else is looking for the bridge hole spacing info. Adam emailed me the details of the bridge. Which has 11mm holes that are 74mm centre to centre.

Simon Barden
13-07-2017, 09:14 PM
I think all TOM bridges and tailpieces have the same centres. I know the PBG bridges have the same spacing as a Gibson TOM bridge (as I've got an example of both). What they don't all have are the same post/post hole sizes and post insert sizes (and the original Gibson TOM just has a thin threaded post that screwed directly into the wood, with so inserts). As long as you get a bridge that comes complete with posts and inserts that have an 11mm or greater insert diameter (widening the hole is easy, making it smaller is a lot harder), then you should be fine.

FrankenWashie
13-07-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm not going to go too crazy, just a little bit of a contour on the back of the body and maybe some neck shaping. I've been undecided on hardware for the bridge, whether to go for some tone sapping but cool and modern Schaller STM hardware with a roller bridge and fine tuning tailpiece or more traditional gear.

If anyone else is looking for the bridge hole spacing info. Adam emailed me the details of the bridge. Which has 11mm holes that are 74mm centre to centre.

Cool, I have a schaller signum going on to my LP, I really like the simplicity of it. No t such a fan of the price!

Grum27
26-07-2017, 06:07 PM
That signum bridge would go nicely on a LP Junior