PDA

View Full Version : 7 string options

Rev
29-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Im tempted to dive into building a 7-string... but the PB options are limited, most of those have set necks (which Ive never attempted or owned before...)

pablopepper
29-06-2017, 12:04 PM
The IB-7 is a bolt on.

wokkaboy
29-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Hey Rev the IB-7 is a bolt on and the ICA-7 (Iceman I have built one) is a bolt on neck but only saw the IB-7 on the PBG shop.
The EX-7 explorer is a set neck from memory and LPA-7 also a set neck

Rev
29-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I remembered the IB after posting. Unfortunately... cant bring myself to do a strat shape, heh.

Dedman
29-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Set necks are nothing to worry about, I was a bit nervy when I did one but if you clamp everything in place, install tuners and bridge and check everything is right before you glue, you really cant go wrong.

adam
30-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Hi Rev, you can custom order almost any of our kits as a 7 string and it can be delivered in 6-8 weeks.

The only kits that won't convert to to a 7 are the Hollow and Semi-Hollow kits and the Tele style TL kits (something to do with the pocket design.

Anything else in the catalogue... go for it.

7 string kits don't sell in any quantity, so we can't expand the range at this point in time. Sorry.

Just email me once you decide which kit you want as a 7 and any modifications you want to make. Custom orders are now 20% of our business and some customers are getting some amazing builds going on.

Rev
01-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Geez, Adam, if ya'd told me "theres only one solid shape that cant be cut for a 7" and left it at that, the Tele would not have been my first guess, ha. But I guess the TL version is just too thin for that sort of thing.