PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking to confirm available colours

daveyob
19-06-2017, 07:59 PM
I've recently ordered a TLA-1 guitar kit from the PitBull site and am looking at guitar finishing kits, as I haven't ordered anything yet.

The PitBull site seems to offer 10 different colour options in the finishing kits, but I wanted to confirm they were all the colours available (eg the explanatory text mentions a green colour but that didn't seem to be one of the ones on the page).

Ideally, I'm looking to maybe finish the guitar in a light blue or minty green type of colour (I like the 60's look), and so wondered if there was anything like that available or could it be made up as a custom colour.

Also just wanted to confirm that most people would finish the necks on these builds with a clear finish, rather than a stain, and that in that case, that you would normally to get a seperate neck finish kit as well for a given build job.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help with these questions. I've never worked on a guitar before and so am a bit unsure of some of these basic decisions.

Adam Barnes
19-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Hi davey
I think it depends on were you live, ive only done one guitar, i live on the Eastern coast the stain and neck coats were great but the body finish coat is tuff to get right im not happy with mine has gone very yellow after a few months and still very soft

daveyob
20-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Thanks Adam. What do you mean by it depending on where you live? Do you mean whether you live in Australia (I've seen the notes about the kits not being able to go on planes)? I'm in Australia (Vic).

stan
20-06-2017, 07:15 AM
welcome Davey - yes since you are in Aus you should be fine, currently Dingotone cannot be shipped overseas

if you want or need a certain colour then send a message to Dingobass and he can often make up something that suits.

daveyob
20-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Thanks Stan. Do you know what his email is? The one on the PitBull site bounced.

cork sniffer
20-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks Stan. Do you know what his email is? The one on the PitBull site bounced.

You may have to look further.
I asked a question that Adam forwarded to Dingotone ... no reply.
I then contacted Dingotone directly via PM ... no reply.
Moved on, found somebody else to take my money :-(

Brendan
21-06-2017, 10:12 PM
DB's email should be db at pitbullguitars dot com. Please let me know if you have any issues in getting in contact - I can chase up for you. Easiest way is to email me at brendan at pitbull etc or PM me on the forum. Sorry to hear you got no reply cork sniffer - I'll check with Ads in the next few days and follow up.

cork sniffer
22-06-2017, 02:53 PM
DB's email should be db at pitbullguitars dot com. Please let me know if you have any issues in getting in contact - I can chase up for you. Easiest way is to email me at brendan at pitbull etc or PM me on the forum. Sorry to hear you got no reply cork sniffer - I'll check with Ads in the next few days and follow up.

All good, no agro.
I had a project sitting, Adam suggests the last thing required is available from Dingotone. I get no reply the days have now become weeks. It's reasonable to consider the supplier unreliable. He may be a good bloke, I don't know but I had to shop elsewhere.

Brendan
23-06-2017, 12:37 AM
All good, no agro.
I had a project sitting, Adam suggests the last thing required is available from Dingotone. I get no reply the days have now become weeks. It's reasonable to consider the supplier unreliable. He may be a good bloke, I don't know but I had to shop elsewhere.

No worries mate - just don't like to hear that people are getting poor service.

cork sniffer
23-06-2017, 07:05 AM
No worries mate - just don't like to hear that people are getting poor service.

The service from PitBull and directly from Adam has been second to none.
I continually recommend PB in conversations and various forums.