PDA

View Full Version : pickups on es2v

Adam Barnes
15-06-2017, 06:24 PM
After a bit of deliberation ive decided for my 2nd build to do an es 2v.building an rc1 as well would have made for a very unhappy wife.
Before i order the guitar i wanted work out what hardware im going to ad to the guitar.
Having used dirty fingers p/u on my es1tl which have an awsome dirty sound i was wanting to use something different, no use having all my guitars sounding the same.
I wanted to get a deep warm clean sound out of the neck p/u but dont know which pickups will give this guitar such a sound.
The bridge p/u I'm not sure yet, any help would be greatly appreciated

Dedman
15-06-2017, 07:10 PM
I would have gone with TV Jones in mine but budget restraints meant I used some Guitar Fetish look a likes. I'm happy with them but then I like a bit of twang

Adam Barnes
15-06-2017, 07:12 PM
I would have gone with TV Jones in mine but budget restraints meant I used some Guitar Fetish look a likes. I'm happy with them but then I like a bit of twang

Money is always the issue, hows the sound on yours

Adam Barnes
15-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Ive been searching the web and quite like the sound of the seymore duncan antiquity, plus the would look great with a clear finish on the maple veneer

ILRGuitars
16-06-2017, 05:42 PM
G'day mate. I'm starting an ES kit and thinking of going with some P90's and playing around with the pot and cap values to get the tone just right