PDA

View Full Version : Some Dean style bodies and headstocks.

Rick V
13-06-2017, 10:13 AM
I have seen the kits for Dean ML's and Dean "Dime" Razorbacks for sale here in the US but the reviews were horrible. Most of the reasonably priced kits that I found in the US that I was interested in using for my first build, got terrible quality reviews. So I found Pitbull Guitars on YouTube and mentioned in other forums so I am sticking with them for my buiding adventures. So a couple of Dean style kits would be cool for the Shredder Guitar section.

Fuzzbeard
13-06-2017, 10:27 AM
I saw a kit for an ML a while ago on ebay. I was interested because it had the Floyd style bridge where my ML had a tune o matic. Wasn't sure about quality so I left it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rick V
13-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Hi Fuzzbeard. I seen some of those kits on eBay and checked out the US dealers who were selling them and looked at the online reviews. Everyone was complaining about the quality of them and how nothing fit right like they were just slopped together kits. One company located in Massachusetts that sold them and the Razorback kits online, got horrible reviews and even sent out bad kits to people who were living in the next town over. I guess the guy got PO'ed after having to send back an ML kit over 3 different times because the router cuts were really off, necks were clearly cracked, a hole in the front where the router bit went clearly through to the front of the body and other stuff that I have seen pics of their kits before they were returned. There are a couple of small online companies that sell their kits under different names so I gave up with buying any US kits. The good ones are seriously expensive so I would rather pay the shipping from Pitbull Guitars because it would still be a lot cheaper for a kit. I have some Dean Dimetime pickups that I will install in the LP kit I want to build for my first. FleaBay has some pretty good deals on used pickups. I wish Pitbull zguitars had a US dealer to save me some money on shipping but the price seems worth it! I hope they come out with an ML or Razorback kit because I would buy them. I have a Dean Razorback with Floyd Rose and want to build a hardtail guitar to add to the collection. I have a hardtail Schecter Diamond Series Damien Solo Elite that I won but can not play it. It was signed by Motley Crue on their final tour and it came with a custom signed drum head. Saving it to sell on a rainy day down the road. They used paint markers and I will end up rubbing off the autographs if I play it lol. I was looking in to something to seal it with but gave up and now it sits in a case protected. So I am going to build a LP hardtail for my first build. Have a great night!