PDA

View Full Version : RCM-4F Custom Special

adam
03-06-2017, 05:33 PM
The factory did a great job with this one... looks sensational... but the customer actually wanted a custom ESB-4 semi-hollow bass kit.

It's got a mahogany body, with a flame veneer and double cream binding.

The maple neck is also bound and a really lovely rosewood fretboard (see images).

Note that there is no Bridge pickup routing (as requested by the customer) so you would need to be able to rout your own if you want a bridge pup. The kit does include a mini humbucker for the neck.

Includes stock hardware, electronics and scratchplate.

More images and details here: https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-rcm-4f-electric-bass-guitar-kit-one-only/

One Only.

Marcel
03-06-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm interested...

How much would you charge to add routing for a Entwistle JBX-B Bridge Pickup?

adam
03-06-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm interested...

Hi Marcel,

I'm not 100%, but I think our resident Luthier, Dingobass, charges about $50 for a pickup rout. So, we could do this for a total of $300, with the extra rout.

adam
04-06-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm interested...

Hi, confirmed with Dingobass, so this is available for $300 shipped, with the JB Rout in the bridge. I can probably even find a Bridge pup here if you don't have your own.

Marcel
04-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Hmmm... The want is there and I'm so tempted...

Need to have further discussions with the minister for finance (Aka...SWMBO)...

FrankenWashie
05-06-2017, 05:03 AM
That's the great part about having the Frankenlab, it hides all manner of odd shaped, deviously acquired boxes that the bride of FrankenWashie doesn't need to know about. Her sewing room performs the same function for bolts of cloth and craft supplies.

It's a great looking kit, I hope you negotiate a favourable resolution with SWMBO because this would be a great build to follow.

stan
05-06-2017, 05:26 AM
That's the great part about having the Frankenlab, it hides all manner of odd shaped, deviously acquired boxes that the bride of FrankenWashie doesn't need to know about. Her sewing room performs the same function for bolts of cloth and craft supplies.

It's a great looking kit, I hope you negotiate a favourable resolution with SWMBO because this would be a great build to follow.

Oh, we live a similar life brother...

king casey
05-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Good luck with that.
Most of my packages arrive via post when HWMBO is there to recieve them and I'm out.
It's called 'Murphy's Law'.

cheers, Mark.

Zandit75
05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Good luck with that.
Most of my packages arrive via post when HWMBO is there to recieve them and I'm out.
It's called 'Murphy's Law'.

cheers, Mark.

Do what I do, and get things delivered to work!!

king casey
05-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Do what I do, and get things delivered to work!!

Dang!! I'm self-employed, I work from home :(

FrankenWashie
05-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Oh, we live a similar life brother...

I'd bet we aren't the only ones either!

Zandit75
05-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Dang!! I'm self-employed, I work from home :(

Hmmm, well I'm out of ideas. I guess you're screwed!!! :p

Marcel
06-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Well.... after numerous shoulder rubs and too many to count foot rubs the approval came through.... Yay!! My better half works all different shifts as a nurse so the chances of getting caught out and being in the 'dog-house' are reasonably high enough to need the approval first...lol

Consider the RCM-4F sold with the extra PU and the routing for a bridge PU for the price you mentioned earlier. If Adam can email me an invoice then things can be sorted from there.

For everyone’s info - There have always been plans for me to build a RCA-4 however those plans were for some way off in the future. This kit is somewhat different (and rare-ish) and somewhat earlier than planned..... but!.... and so ....

Aussie post have sent me a message that my ES-1TL will be delivered tomorrow, plus my Alder Strat and Alder Denim Tele partscasters currently in the works, and then this one on all their heels.... It's very Busy times ahead for this little Tiger...

king casey
06-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Well.... after numerous shoulder rubs and too many to count foot rubs

O.K. I think I see where I'm going wrong.

cheers, Mark.

Andy40
06-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Well worth it mate

andrewdosborne
06-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Nice one Marcel will be a great build. Good to have the CFO on side ;)

adam
06-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Sold with the extra JB Bridge rout.