PDA

View Full Version : Finished EXA-7 Kit

StefanF78
22-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Hello from Germany again,

finally I finished my "short scale" EXA-7 kit. I changed the Humbuckers with a Bare Knuckle "Cold Sweat-7" Set. I did a lot of beginner mistakes and had to solve some of them in "creative" ways. I named the guitar "Fuszerka" wich is polish for someone, who does lots of botch.
This guitar is very far from perfect, but I like the more rough finish. Some could say, this guitar is "aged". ;)

I most play 7 Strings in dropped A tuning (A, E, A, D, F#, B, E) and the scale of my other 7Strings are 26,5" (Chapman ML-7 T) and 27" (Hapas Siren), so I call the EXA-7 my "short scale"-Seven. I have to say, that this length a little bit too short for me, but I have to play it for a longer time to have an opinion for that.

I hope, my pictures are uploaded. I did a little Sounddemo on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1NJSsSdC8

So long!
Stefan

Simon Barden
22-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure your pictures loaded as I cant see any, but I really liked the YouTube clip.

How do you like the Bare Knuckles? I've got a few sets their pickups on my guitars and generally I think they are great pickups (though I did have some Strat pickups fitted to a guitar I got from eBay which sounded very ordinary.