PDA

View Full Version : Separate section for reviews of aftermarket parts

Zandit75
01-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Hey Admins, Mods and feloow members.
Just wondering if there is enough interest in having a separate section for product reviews for the different parts we have used to upgrade our guitars over the years?
I've just received a new set of Locking Tuners, and would like to at least introduce them to the forum, and then be able to provide a review of the tuners once my build is complete.
This could have separate sub-sections later on down the track if it becomes popular enough for Pickups, Tuners, Pots, Bridges, etc etc.
Thoughts would be appreciated!

Chuck
01-05-2017, 03:48 PM
I like the idea Zandit - I know there are often parts mentioned in build diaries that I wish I made note of at the time, only to completely forget where they were later. This would be a good way to aggregate all that info, and I'm sure there's a wide variety of sources for parts we all use too that would be great to share.

Kick
01-05-2017, 03:52 PM
I agree. I think it would be a great addition to the forum.

Zandit75
01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Just another note, I know there is a section for Non Pitbull Gear, but that has been used for pretty much everything, and perhaps half the stuff in there would be better off in the Naughty Warehouse, or a general off-topic section.
Just a thought at least.

wazkelly
01-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Good idea Zandit.

Could possibly have reviews attached to the PBG store items similar to what you find when doing online shopping plus have another section for the other stuff that we see turn up on someone's build. Thanks to ThreeBBass that is how I ended up with an 'adjust_a_nut' on the EX-5 plus a Hipshot 3 string tree that I have installed on the J Bass and bought a spare for the MMB-4 too. Would never have found these otherwise and the adjust-a-nut is such a brilliant idea.

Dedman
01-05-2017, 07:49 PM
yup would never had known you could buy Duesenburg hardware except for a link in someones build here

Brendan
02-05-2017, 08:11 PM
And voila... http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Let's see who's first out of the blocks!

Zandit75
02-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Nice! Thanks for that Brendon!

stan
02-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Excellent suggestion and great work Brendan

DrNomis_44
05-05-2017, 11:11 PM
I reckon it's a great idea too Zandit, it'll be a good resource for those builders who are interested in upgrading parts on their guitars, it'll give them an idea of what's available, and how good the parts are, I'm pretty keen to contribute a couple of reviews, I'll do one on the Boss RE20 pedal I'm getting next Tuesday, and I can do a review of the new Locking Tuners I installed on my LP Studio guitar.