PDA

View Full Version : Compliments to BYOG

Guvna19
27-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Honest feedback is;

This website is so distracting me from;

A - instead of building my RedPine lapsteel - im lookin at things like pearl inlay, paints, carpentry builds, hardware advice etc etc, fully gettin ahead of myself.

B - now i want to also buy a pitbull kit which, i shouldn't as i need to finish/spend money on house projects i 'd started last year.

and

C - ive hardly played any of my guitars for the last week due to points A & B

really just sayin , im enjoying the website forum a lot !

regards Guvna

wazkelly
27-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Fully agree Guvna as it is like a black hole we get sucked into and an all consuming disease called GAS or BAS for the low enders

Andy40
28-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Sounds like you have an inner guitar which needs to get out Guv:p

Zandit75
28-03-2017, 04:32 AM
Yep, this certainly is a dangerous place!
I'm an acoustic guy, and I've had plans to do an Acoustic guitar building class for a couple of years now, but due to some issues at the time, things haven't lined up for me.
To get me through, I decided to look at some kit guitars, and wound up here.
The forum is stuck with me now!!

nitroburner1000
31-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Yes i agree but i have one complaint about this forum,

And that is i spend at least an hour a day checking it out but its not enough time to check out everyones posts. So they keep accumalating and i feel bad that im not reading them. A real dilemma with no solution in sight. I mean everyone deserves praise and help if possible. So i wanna send out a big thanks to all the regulars who seem to get a post to everyone. Goodonya guys.

Zandit75
01-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Yes i agree but i have one complaint about this forum,

And that is i spend at least an hour a day checking it out but its not enough time to check out everyones posts. So they keep accumalating and i feel bad that im not reading them. A real dilemma with no solution in sight. I mean everyone deserves praise and help if possible. So i wanna send out a big thanks to all the regulars who seem to get a post to everyone. Goodonya guys.

Wow, what a way to show your lack of commitment Nitro!!!
Only an hour a day??!! :p
Haha, I'm not going to say how much I spend on here, just in case the Boss is monitoring my internet access at work!!!

dave.king1
01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
You probably have no idea how much your boss can see if he wants to.

Web browsing - not a challenge
Email traffic - not a problem
Email attachments - not a problem
Contents of your hard drive - still no problem

I did jury duty a few years ago and the email traffic of a lady in Sydney to a school shop in Sydney was picked up by the VIA.

Nothing on the internet is confidential to those who need to know

dave.king1
01-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Damn auto correct CIA not VIA

WeirdBits
01-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Don't worry Dave, they knew you meant them.

Simon Barden
01-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Not if he's wearing his tin-foil hat.

Dedman
01-04-2017, 08:06 PM

nitroburner1000
02-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Wow, what a way to show your lack of commitment Nitro!!!
Only an hour a day??!! :p
Haha, I'm not going to say how much I spend on here, just in case the Boss is monitoring my internet access at work!!!

Hmm better up it to 2 hrs a day and 4 on the weekends maybe then ill be worthy. haha

DrNomis_44
04-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Not if he's wearing his tin-foil hat.

Note: Tin-foil does make a great Faraday cage as long as it is connected to a suitable circuit ground, as does copper-foil.

Simon Barden
04-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Note: Tin-foil does make a great Faraday cage as long as it is connected to a suitable circuit ground, as does copper-foil.

It doesn't need to be grounded to act as a Faraday cage (e.g. a car's body isn't grounded but will protect its occupants from a lighting strike), but if you don't ground it and it is well insulated from ground, then it can get charged to high potentials and cause shocks when touched.

Guvna19
06-04-2017, 08:34 PM
hope my intent wasn't foiled , think i successfully complemented BYOG ... = silver lining

any other dad puns b4 we wrap this up?