PDA

View Full Version : Weird Price Issue

adam
26-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Has anyone spotted this Glitch in the Matrix?

I've heard of price gouging but that is extreme.

The TL-1TB is AU$199.

We've narrowed it down to our Currency Converter extension (for WooCommerce) and it seems to only happen for people using Internet Explorer.

We've had one customer from the US with this problem and another from NSW (I think) just yesterday.

Our IT Guru is scratching his head, as we got our friend in Australia to copy the page source (running the page) and that showed the correct $199 price.

We are stumped. We can't repeat it ourselves, so it is only happening under certain conditions.

I really don't want to get rid of the Currency Converter as it is a great tool and one of the reasons we get so much business from OS.

So, has this happened to you?

If so, and you can repeat it and send us a screenshot, like the one above, we'd like you to get in touch and maybe you can help us resolve this issue.

Edit: if it is happening, int will happen on all prices, all pages, not just the TL-1TB.

Simon Barden
26-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Works OK for me but I'm using Firefox on Win 10.

Forced myself to use Edge but it also works on that OK.

andrewdosborne
27-03-2017, 12:43 PM
No issues on latest Chrome & Firefox (Linux)

Sent from Lineage OS 14.1

ZenAndZen
27-03-2017, 02:53 PM
I tried it (normally I use Chrome not IE)

WIN 7 Pro
IE 11
all updates are current.

I have saved the HTML for this page & can email it to you if required.

Andy40
27-03-2017, 05:28 PM
#millions

DrNomis_44
27-03-2017, 07:50 PM
I can confirm that the price for the kits is displaying correctly for me, I'm running Windows 10 Threshold 2 64Bit, and I'm using the latest version of Firefox to browse the webpage....so all good here Adam.

Simon Barden
27-03-2017, 08:18 PM
You never know. You might get someone buy a kit at that price and then you'd make a nice little profit. :)

adam
27-03-2017, 09:33 PM
If we sold one a week at that price I might actually get some money out of this.

It does actually show and charge the correct price when you hit the "Pay" button, but I guess it's putting a few people off, pretty quickly.

I think we're getting closer to resolving this one... just a glitch with the Currency Converter plugin and something else on these few customer's computers.

Intriguing.

Thanks all for letting me know you're not seeing the anomaly.

adam
28-03-2017, 05:13 PM
UPDATE

Looks like it might be a conflict with our Currency Converter and Ad Block (or only Ad Block Plus).

Those weird prices show when you are using Ad Block Plus in Internet Explorer. When you turn off Ad Block for Pit Bull Guitars it does not show the weird pricing.

I think Darren has it sorted, we just need to find someone to test it, as we can't repeat the conditions here.

Thanks for your input.

Dedman
28-03-2017, 06:57 PM
sorry I only use Firefox (with adblocker)

DrNomis_44
29-03-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm using Adblocker with Firefox too, I ended up installing Adblocker for Firefox because all the ads I was getting on youtube were making all the youtube videos virtually unwatchable due to youtube having a tendency to freeze, they seriously need to up the bandwidth of their server.

And I think the main issue is that the people who create the ads don't seem to optimize them very well, some of the ads seem to be a bit buggy.

andrewdosborne
29-03-2017, 03:34 AM
It maybe worth creating a script in the website to detect browser version & presence of Adblock. Then if the browser / Adblock combo that causes issues warn the user to turn off Adblock for best browsing experience. I think there are issues in the JavaScript engine with certain IE versions (not adhering to defined standards)

Always a challenge designing web based apps for all the OS/browser combinations

Sent from Lineage OS 14.1

ZenAndZen
29-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Adblock Plus?
OK - I just checked & because I don't use IE much Adblock was not up to date - after updating problem is gone - same page now functions as it should.

keloooe
29-03-2017, 04:37 PM
It maybe worth creating a script in the website to detect browser version & presence of Adblock. Then if the browser / Adblock combo that causes issues warn the user to turn off Adblock for best browsing experience.

That was my first idea there Ponch, but it would have to be updated quite regularly when new situations where this occurs would arise IMO...

adam
29-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Thanks Andrew, Darren is keeping an eye on this thread to see what you guys are coming up with.