PDA

View Full Version : The Count STA-1

dave.king1
23-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Here's a song that we are currently working on featuring The Count, balance is still not quite right and we are adding pedal steel at Easter which may or may not stay in the mix.

The sound we are aiming for here is early 60s pop, Cliff & The Shadows, Buddy Holly, Dion etc

Max Richards wrote and sings the song and I am guilty of the rest

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/an-old-memory-1

The Count

wokkaboy
23-03-2017, 10:37 AM
sounds good DK, very laid back track. Sounds like you got the 60's sound you were after. I think the pedal steel will fit in nicely. So are you playing guitar and bass DK ? The Count looks very sexy, bright yellow and black hardware work well on a strat. Almost same colour as your race car ?

dave.king1
23-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks Wok, I'm playing all the guitars & bass plus wrote the drum part which is very rudimentary.

I use a 6 channel Peavey USB connected mixer and am running the current version of Reaper with a few additional VOXENGO non Reaper plugins but mainly the Reaper EQ / Comp & Verb take care of the donkey work

The guitars are Shergold Masquarader / electric rhythm, The Count / lead & fills, Takamine / acoustic rhythm which is where the string scrapes are coming from and the bass in my 1970s Yamaha with a Seth Lover Fender HB.

The yellow is courtesy of Supercheap and the colour on the car is a fairly unique colour out of France that I had mixed

wokkaboy
23-03-2017, 11:37 AM
no worries cheers for the background DK. The yellow on the car looks a bit darker, almost mustard colour

Andy40
23-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Gotta love the sound of that strat DK. :cool: