PDA

View Full Version : Parts Wanted for Red Pine Lap Steel

Guvna19
23-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Hi All,

new to site and building my first guitar - Lap Steel (see My Build Diary thread)

I'm Hoping for suggestions on parts including pick up. bridge, tuning keys, etc

Wondering if anyone has any suitable 2nd hand parts they could sell or discount for me? cant afford anything too expensive

so far havnt got anything yet

any assistance appreciated,

regards Guvna

dave.king1
23-03-2017, 09:37 AM
I have a set of standard Tele kit pickups that you are welcome to, send me a PM with your address

Dedman
23-03-2017, 01:26 PM
I have a stack of 3 a side chinese tuners and a few chinese humbuckers, yours if you pay the postage

Guvna19
23-03-2017, 07:34 PM
hi Dedman,
firstly thanks for reply, i dont have any tuners yet and as its my first build would be more than happy with any tuners.

also happy to pay postage and something for parts too.

cant believe forum members offering to donate stuff , i really just posted thread as was unsure about the stuff/cost i was seeing on gumtree/ebay etc.
hope i get to pass something on to a forum member some day and get the karma points

others members have helped me greatly already (thanks DK & Wokka) too

happy to take on a humbucker as well , if i can make that work - i dunno - plenty of sanding and carving to do yet...lol

anyways let me know easiest way for you i can sort postage out?

thanks and regards
Guvna (Gav)

Dedman
23-03-2017, 08:23 PM
sent you a PM

Guvna19
24-03-2017, 06:27 PM
big shoutout to DK and Dedman,, hooking me up with parts!!
hopin i got paypal postage thingo sorted Dedman, let me Know?
and DK happy to paypal somthin too even if only for a large Pint of coopers sparkling ale?

cant wait to see what arrives next week

gonna go do some more sanding of the Red Pine. whilst i drink fine red wine !

cheers
big Guvna

wokkaboy
24-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Hey Guvna you got enough parts ? I got a tele bridge (2 saddles per adjustment like my lap steel) and tele bridge pup I can post Saturday morning. PM me your address

Loving your avatar might convince a builder to choose that colour paint haha

dave.king1
24-03-2017, 06:41 PM
big shoutout to DK and Dedman,, hooking me up with parts!!
hopin i got paypal postage thingo sorted Dedman, let me Know?
and DK happy to paypal somthin too even if only for a large Pint of coopers sparkling ale?

cant wait to see what arrives next week

gonna go do some more sanding of the Red Pine. whilst i drink fine red wine !

cheers
big Guvna

No payment, just pass the karma on to someone else down track.

Standard kit Tele Neck & Bridge pups plus standard 3 saddle Bridge.

Speaking of red wine, I'm currently enjoying a Tamberlane Shiraz, preservative free & brewed in Orange NSW.

In SA try the Minnow Creek Shiraz if you can find it, it's stunning

Guvna19
24-03-2017, 07:33 PM
currently sippin/ gulping on a Uleybury Cab sav 2006 , unbelievably 16 % , even the father in-law18300 who drinks only the best is impressed!

Large Sorry in advance to all the guitar builders/enthusiasts here but i'm gonna be hopeless at this forum with the constant distraction of Beer and now Red Wine

Guvna19
24-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Hey Guvna you got enough parts ? I got a tele bridge (2 saddles per adjustment like my lap steel) and tele bridge pup I can post Saturday morning. PM me your address

Loving your avatar might convince a builder to choose that colour paint haha

hey there Wokka,
got some parts comin my way thanks to forum members already, (which is awsome) wondering about the volume/switch/ pot /cover thingy i seen on your lapsteel - wouldnt mind finding sumthin like that? is that a tele standard?

lovin this website, hope i can contribute - read some of the stuff about paints and stains in the forum and made me think even wit 30 years exp under the belt , i gotta lot to learn, still happy to pass on what i know

regards Gav

Guvna19
27-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Thinkin of maybe some sort of sunken jack body, any such thing out there? seen them on cheap strat copies.

if i use a side jack cover, whats the go? just asking feedback only

cheers Guvna