PDA

View Full Version : Wokka's next challenge?!

Fretworn
23-02-2017, 08:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXahBmZeo0

wokkaboy
23-02-2017, 08:57 AM
bloody hell Fretty you are stepping up the challenges mate ! I am only looking at the still shot it looks too difficult. I'll watch the video anyway, thanks for the suggestion

plus I have enough ongoing projects buddy, I keep starting new ones and I never finish the current projects !

FrankenWashie
23-02-2017, 09:02 AM
plus I have enough ongoing projects buddy, I keep starting new ones and I never finish the current projects !

seems oddly familiar.....

Fretworn
23-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Yeah, but I live vicariously through all the guitars you guys a making that I can't at the moment.......

wokkaboy
23-02-2017, 09:29 AM
how come you aren't currently building anything Fretty ? better order another kit mate !

@ Frankie, its twice as worse the new project syndrome when you build with a mate !

FrankenWashie
23-02-2017, 11:38 AM
I've been doing bits and pieces on lots of little projects in the wee small hours when sleep won't come calling.

I'm also easily distracted .....SQUIRREL! So I tend to pick pup something do something with it then pick up something else and do a different thing to that. Sometime the things I do are even the things I meant to do but not often.

I half think this is why my daughter's doll house has a stairway that looks suspiciously like a fretboard, the cat's tower is 34" scale, one of my scratchbuild experiments has little draws for needles and thread and the bookshelf for the FrankenLab is morphing into a folding card table or possibly a 2x12 Cab.

But it keeps me off the streets I suppose!

dingobass
23-02-2017, 01:46 PM
@ Frankie, its twice as worse the new project syndrome when you build with a mate !

Mate? Do you have one of those Woks?
Here I was thinking you only knew people......

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

wokkaboy
23-02-2017, 01:52 PM
haha I am falling off my chair from laughing DB that is hilarious !!

I should have written rent a mate would be more believable hey ?

dingobass
23-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Hahahahahaha!
Always guaranteed a bite out of our Woks :D

wokkaboy
23-02-2017, 02:08 PM
yep DB, especially if it's you yanking my chain !

DrNomis_44
23-02-2017, 04:54 PM
What about an Electric Sitar?, like the old 60's Coral Sitar, I reckon that would be a cool idea for a new PBG kit.

Dedman
23-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I've been doing bits and pieces on lots of little projects in the wee small hours when sleep won't come calling.

I'm also easily distracted .....SQUIRREL! So I tend to pick pup something do something with it then pick up something else and do a different thing to that. Sometime the things I do are even the things I meant to do but not often.

I half think this is why my daughter's doll house has a stairway that looks suspiciously like a fretboard, the cat's tower is 34" scale, one of my scratchbuild experiments has little draws for needles and thread and the bookshelf for the FrankenLab is morphing into a folding card table or possibly a 2x12 Cab.

But it keeps me off the streets I suppose!

time to stop sniffin the timbermate :P

Fretworn
24-02-2017, 09:39 AM
how come you aren't currently building anything Fretty ? better order another kit mate !

Well, due to an unwise agreement I made with my wife, I can't get a new kit unless I sell/give away/dispose of another guitar. I'm currently building some guitar racks so my guitars can move into the house and get used more. Then I might try a rebuild my scratch lappy some time this year, as I know I could build better now.

Fretworn
24-02-2017, 09:42 AM
What about an Electric Sitar?, like the old 60's Coral Sitar, I reckon that would be a cool idea for a new PBG kit.

I have considered putting one of these on my Danelectro, But sitar sounds are kind of a one-trick pony, like the guitar equivalent of a vibraslap, so I don't think I'd ever really use it.
https://www.allparts.com/SB-5810-010-Bridge-for-Danelectro-Sitar_p_3343.html

FrankenWashie
24-02-2017, 07:48 PM
time to stop sniffin the timbermate :P

LOL! Probably not far from the truth Dedman.

Kick
24-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Haha, I just saw this video a couple off days ago and it is fun to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5-ZVtJ31E

wazkelly
25-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Hmmm, very interesting Kick.

Just needs a Marshall stack and loads of distortion to be truly Heavy Metal though how would you control the feedback from one of those things?

gavinturner
26-02-2017, 05:01 AM
Haha, I just saw this video a couple off days ago

Awesome!

cheers,
Gav.