ES-3 kit with:
- Tonerider AlnicoII Classic
- Groover Mini Rotomatics
- Dimarzio pots and Allparts CTS push pull pots
- Tusq nut
- Piezo disc
- Switchcraft connectors
http://i66.tinypic.com/1109ag2.jpg

Video Demo of the guitar plugged into a 5e3 Tweed Deluxe based amp that i made a couple of months ago. Cab is a Palmer 1x12 with a Jensen C12K speaker and the mic used is the tipical Shure SM-57.

https://youtu.be/eiSPIvCIjIE

Hope you'll enjoy. And i hope it can be helpfull because there are not much demos of this fantastic kit

Cheers!

FrankenWashie
22-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Koldo, that sounds amazing!

Dedman
22-02-2017, 06:39 PM
man that is nice bravo

gavinturner
23-02-2017, 03:59 AM
Looks and sounds amazing.

cheers,
Gav.

koldo2552
23-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Thank you!!

Fretworn
23-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Sounds remarkably good overdriven. And the piezo disk sounds really good as well. Do you have any feedback issues, or body noise issues with the piezo?

koldo2552
23-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Sounds remarkably good overdriven. And the piezo disk sounds really good as well. Do you have any feedback issues, or body noise issues with the piezo?

Piezo disk acts as a contact mic, and as a mic you will have to be careful about feedback if you turn up the volume. But you can put it under control with a litle eq or a notch filter.
Also, as a mic, it will catch all the hits you give the body, i find it interesting for percussive sounds. That's the reason i hit the body in the video in diferent places.

If you have some kind of preamp lying around, a piezo disk for about 1$ is the perfect add on for an acoustic or electric guitar...

cade711
23-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Really great tones Koldo. Excellent job

koldo2552
23-02-2017, 02:06 PM
I played this guitar both in electric and acoustic practice sessions with my band and i had the feedback controlled.
I think that this is the good thing about laminated body... the bad one is that unplugged the sound is weaker. But this was born to be plugged to an amp or a mixboard!

See you!

Fretworn
24-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Piezo disk acts as a contact mic, and as a mic you will have to be careful about feedback if you turn up the volume. But you can put it under control with a litle eq or a notch filter.
Also, as a mic, it will catch all the hits you give the body, i find it interesting for percussive sounds. That's the reason i hit the body in the video in diferent places.

If you have some kind of preamp lying around, a piezo disk for about 1$ is the perfect add on for an acoustic or electric guitar...

I have a piezo disc in my cigar box guitar and if you not careful the guitar becomes a stompbox more than a usable slide guitar.

Andy40
24-02-2017, 11:58 AM
You gotta love the sounds of those Tonerider Classic Alnico II Humbuckers

stan
24-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Great demo, very versatile, very cool guitar

billb
24-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Very nice!

koldo2552
24-02-2017, 05:08 PM
I have a piezo disc in my cigar box guitar and if you not careful the guitar becomes a stompbox more than a usable slide guitar.

I've got them working in this guitar and in my Sigma DM1ST Dreadnought stile acoustic guitar. In the acoustic i put 2 of them. And yes... if you turn up the volume feedback becomes a problem. I can control it with a notch filter, it' s always the same frequency... otherwise, i put a soundhole cover and it makes the job. And finally, i found that i get the best sound mixing piezos with a soundhole pickup. I put a Shadow active humbucker in one channel, and the piezos in another. I cut the bass frequencies of the piezo channel and mix them to taste, and the sound becomes as close to a real mic as i ever get from an electroacoustic guitar but without the feedback and noise troubles.

Do you plug your cigar box to an electric guitar amp? In that case, i can imagine all the squeal and feedback. Did you try it in an acoustic guitar amp? The.usually come with good eq and notch. I've got an unexpensive fame acoustic guitar amp and i don't have feedback issues once setted.

koldo2552
24-02-2017, 05:10 PM
You gotta love the sounds of those Tonerider Classic Alnico II Humbuckers

They are incredible... and the pair is cheaper than one gibson's '57.... much better than espected... what a bargain