PDA

View Full Version : Sound clip of The Count

dave.king1
08-02-2017, 11:27 AM
It's taken far too long to get around to this but here is the solo from one of our originals, channeling my inner Hank B.

DI into the mixer with a bit of EQ, Comp, Verb & Slap Back

The drum track is MIDI and in this instance I am playing the various guitars

It's played using neck & middle pups and at the time of recording it was pre-upgrade using all kit hardware.

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/old-memory-solo

ps. I may revert to the kit pups because the Seymour Duncans change the Strat character a bit too much.

Andy40
08-02-2017, 11:29 AM
mmmm....soooo dreamy DK, could listen to that all arvo

wokkaboy
08-02-2017, 11:47 AM
sounds good DK, I forgot how striking a bright yellow strat with black guard and hardware looks !

Dedman
08-02-2017, 02:53 PM
SwWeeeet! :D

G-Axe
08-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Sounds great. Makes me want to dust off my Atlantics vinyl.

wazkelly
08-02-2017, 07:18 PM
mmmm....soooo dreamy DK, could listen to that all arvo

Totally agree Andy.

Hey Dave, I reckon if you looped it a few times to stretch things out it could almost be an instrumental track on it's own.

dave.king1
09-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Totally agree Andy.

Hey Dave, I reckon if you looped it a few times to stretch things out it could almost be an instrumental track on it's own.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, sadly the old fingers aren't much more nimble than that these days but if I can play for the song that's all that matters.

It's a very nice 4 and a bit minute song so not much interest in turning it into an instrumental.

We are still sorting out the copywrite stuff, no problems here in Oz but still trying to sort the international bit.

I was noodling some minor key stuff on the Tele on Tuesday and thought it sounded OK so recorded it, threw some chords and a bass line behind it and emailed it to my band mates ( the wordsmiths ) to see what they thought of it.

Bob rang me, said as soon as he heard it the Black Dog started tugging at the chain and barking at him so he sat down and wrote two verses based on that theme, I guess we'll flesh it out some more tonight