PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram updates

Brendan
27-01-2017, 04:54 PM
All,
Just about to go through a range of Wiring Diagrams to update them with new models, etc and was putting out a call for any other updates that need to be made. Simon Barden - thanks for your updates - Ads has passed them on and I'll include those, but if there are any others, I'm happy to make the updates at the same time.

I have got the thread here (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6801) about changing the LP diagram to be more easily followed, but I can take on more if you have things that I can do to clean them up a bit.

Let me know!

Zandit75
27-01-2017, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure if it has already been updated, but the wiring diagram I used for my LP did not show the ground wire to the bridge post.
Perhaps this could be double checked.

Simon Barden
27-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Sorry about the extra work I've given you Brendan!

For me, the IB6 poses the biggest questions, with its five holes for pots. To use all five holes, a master volume + individual pickup volumes and tones makes the most practical sense when sticking with passive controls (though one of the holes could be used as a pickup selector switch) but a 6-string bass really calls out for active controls. Is there a low-cost active kit out there that PBG could recommend the buyer also purchases if they want to stick with the basic kit hardware rather than upgrade everything but go active?

wazkelly
27-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Makes sense Simon and would be a good upgrade option on that plus many other Humbucker Bass kits.

Brendan
30-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Don't worry about it Simon - they're due a review and refresh - so I'll work my way through them. I'll check with Ads re: active bass upgrade - it will need someone to be comfortable with routing a new hole for the battery pack, but I think its a good upgrade.

Zandit - I'll check the LP diagram.

Tindrrel
30-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Is there a low-cost active kit out there that PBG could recommend the buyer also purchases if they want to stick with the basic kit hardware rather than upgrade everything but go active?

Some of the IB6 builds here (including mine) have used things like the Tone Monster SBK-3 preamp. Reasonably priced. Didn't need to expand the control cavity to fit, even allowing for the battery. (18V model needs more space)

Rabbitz
31-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Hi Brendan,

Although the drawings show the underside of the pots, is it worth an annotation indicating that this is the view from the "component side" or "from underneath"?

Maddogm
31-01-2017, 08:02 AM
I'll check with Ads re: active bass upgrade - it will need someone to be comfortable with routing a new hole for the battery pack, but I think its a good upgrade.
Another option is external battery packs using a stereo jack. A quick search revealed a 9v one for $60 usd and EMG sell a 9v/18v one for $129 usd. I'm sure one could be made for a lot less.

Brendan
31-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Hi Brendan,

Although the drawings show the underside of the pots, is it worth an annotation indicating that this is the view from the "component side" or "from underneath"?

As I change them, I can certainly do that. Good idea.