PDA

View Full Version : Ironbird!

tiltbell
19-01-2017, 10:33 AM
I have always had a lot of love for the B.C. Rich Ironbird. I usually don't like "metal" guitars but this one has always caught my attention. I have had a google and it looks like nobody is doing a kit of this..... What are the chances?

cade711
19-01-2017, 10:37 AM
It looks pretty good tiltbell. PBG have the BC-1 which is someways similar, but this is still very unique to it's own style and would be a cool addition.

wokkaboy
19-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Hi Tiltbell,
I doubt Adam will add another BC style guitar to the range as there are so many different metal guitar shapes. You could email Adam about a custom order or modify the BC-1 kit although the shape is quite a bit different and headstock nothing like the Ironbird.
Otherwise maybe search for other kit guitar suppliers around the world I'm sure someone would have a similar shaped kit.

Fretworn
20-01-2017, 10:04 AM
I reckon you could hack an EX style guitar into a shape similar to that.

wazkelly
20-01-2017, 10:48 AM
I reckon you could hack an EX style guitar into a shape similar to that.

My thoughts too Fretty.

MusicStudent1
26-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Please consider making an ironbird guitar and/or bass kit! Yes, that is a popular and yet rare body shape. The design could be greatly improved from what BC Rich made. Their Ironbird guitar was a shorter Gibson Les Paul scale, 24 fret 6 string guitar. You guys should release an improved longer Fender 24.5" scale 7 string ironbird!

How about a 5 string 35" scale Ironbird bass? I know a lot of players who want an ironbird bass but can't afford one as they're no longer made.. They're rare, and the ones you find are expensive and vintage.16685

You could even mod the body a little to make it more unique. I can't believe nobody makes an ironbird kit!

Brendan
26-01-2017, 11:38 AM
I think the challenge is that Pitbull already have somewhere over 60 odd kits - that number climbs to over 100 with the lefties. There are only so many kits that they can run with given there are minimum order numbers for each type of kit.

MusicStudent1
28-01-2017, 10:35 AM
I think the challenge is that Pitbull already have somewhere over 60 odd kits - that number climbs to over 100 with the lefties. There are only so many kits that they can run with given there are minimum order numbers for each type of kit.

Asolutely. That is understandable from a business standpoint. I am happy that Pit Bull Guitars makes instruments you can't get anywhere else like the 5 string explorer-type basses, basses styled after the Gibson ES-275, etc.

However....you'd be taking it to the next level if you did an Ironbird or Frehley Washburn kit!!!!!!