PDA

View Full Version : Goty???

Hobastard
11-01-2017, 07:34 PM
While perusing some of the stunning pieces that made up GOTM, I found myself asking "do the judges line them all up at the end of the year for GOTY ????

wazkelly
11-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Good question and if my memory serves me well I do recall seeing somewhere a few that were crowned GOTY - pretty sure Lunaticthighs RC4 was crowned as such in 2014.

Some of the longer time forum members than myself will trip over this soon enough to provide more clarity.

adam
11-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Hi Hobastard, yes, we did have a GOTY in 2014 and even gave out "plaques" to the winners. The winning entries should still display if you click on the Forum "Home" link.

We didn't continue it because it was a lot of work at a busy time of the year (amongst other reasons). I think the consensus was that the GOTM was ample competition.

If there's a strong call for it to come back, we always listen to what the Forum wants.

Andy40
13-01-2017, 04:19 PM
A guitar of the year would be cool. Happy to put up my hand to help with any of the work.

Simon Barden
13-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't a poll of each month's winners be the simplest way?

Hobastard
14-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Maybe a summary mid Jan and a Vote from members....

Muzza
21-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Why not make it 'Guitar of the Financial Year' and vote in June instead of the busiest time of the year?

wazkelly
21-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Why not make it 'Guitar of the Financial Year' and vote in June instead of the busiest time of the year?
Good one Muzza, that keeps your window of opportunity to enter open just a little bit longer.

But seriously, not such a bad idea as I reckon there may have been plenty of forum members otherwise occupied at the beginning of January who completely missed the chance to cast their vote.

Brendan
21-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Seems that there is some love. I'll have a chat with Adam and see what we will do.

Brendan
25-01-2017, 11:12 AM
OK - the verdict is in! We'll be running a GOTY comp this year. Guitars that will be (automatically) entered are all the announced winners - Jan - Dec 2016. Jan 2017 winners (just announced) will be entered into a future comp. Ads and I are sorting out a few small details and we'll be playing around with the voting software to try to keep it as a secret ballot this time. I'll put up a test poll soon to see if people can see it and the results and if that works, we'll go live with the voting soon (just can't interfere with the Big Bash League games).