PDA

View Full Version : Full paddle T style neck

dave.king1
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
I've got to thinking about what to do with the Tele that I plan to donate to the unfortunates on Manus and given that the neck is the major reason for my not bonding am thinking about converting it to a 12 string which is something I have never owned.

No full paddle on the eStore so figured asking couldn't hurt.

It's a non PB kit so I will take some measurements of the heel and compare to the PB Strat and TL-1Q when it arrives to see if it's the same or close

Whether to donate or mod and keep will be a decision to be made at the time if the need arises, the Peavey amp is a dust collector so no decision to make there

Andy40
06-01-2017, 03:38 AM
Hey DK, just a thought, I'm not sure if that tele neck will be wide enough to support 12 strings and still be playable?

The PBG Tele neck is the thinnest, not sure about your kit tele, but you need quite a lot of real estate in width to accommodate the 12 strings and also to be able to depress them with your fingers without muting the other strings.:D

But getting back to your suggestion, by full paddle you mean both sides of the headstock are a blank....say....to shape it to a snakehead type of headstock?

corsair
06-01-2017, 04:09 AM
I've seen 6 to 12 conversions that have a set of strings that start in ferrules in the headstock going to a set of tuners let into the body, if that's any help. It meant that the original neck was used....

dave.king1
06-01-2017, 04:33 AM
Yeah a full paddle like a snakes head but you are right the neck to my mind is a bit on the narrow side.

If you do a google for 12 string Tele you will see a Squier that has been converted by fitting another set of tuners at 90^ to the original set, looks horrible to my eyes but I guess it works.

I was just thinking on my feet when I posted but will do a bit more research to see what can be got away with

Andy40
06-01-2017, 04:58 AM
Maybe ask Gav for a measurement of this one?

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5440